Operation: Fracture

"Nøkk has told us that the red eyed gang has discovered that they have a mole. As you all know she is the mole so as of now we must consider that this is the last time we will hear from her, so we will be commencing operation: Fracture. We need to extract Nøkk ASAP the base is located on an island just outside of Russia but the Russian government wasn't aware of it before we told them"

Ash stepped up behind me.

"Ivy, you've already been assigned a team they're on the tarmac already. This is a fight against time be prepared to work fast"

Five of us sat in the helicopter, I learned their code names were Buck, Kapkan, Kali and Aruni. The last one perplexed me the most, she had lost her limbs when she had attempted to disarm a bomb with thermite before rainbow was formed. Yet she still fought with every ounce of willpower she could muster.

"I don't trust you. Awfully convenient that you reappear now from one of the only bases we've successfully found, through dumb luck of a guy we tailed nonetheless."

"Leave her alone Kali, you know how most of rainbow stands on nighthaven being a part of it"

"Oh yeah that's why Aruni is soooo sad I gave her the new arm and the leg"

"I wanted to give back what I had lost, not fight your war Kali"

Kali snarled

"Just remember who gave you that second chance"

"We're here"

Kapkan pulled his hood over his head and primed his gun.

"We have a job to do and it's not bickering amongst ourselves, I'll set up the base of operations while you all set a perimeter. Tomorrow we finish the extraction operation."

"We work fast and efficiently in six hours we punch through any wall in our way to get back our operative"

"Yessir"

A metallic hand tapped my shoulder.

"Hey I've got something for you, I work with Taina a lot and so she asked me to watch over you. Now I plan to take her request very seriously so I took the liberty to get you a gadget."

Her arm pried open and a bracelet was inside. Her natural fingers dug inside to retrieve it.

"This is one of my own designs, I got IQ and the big softie over there Kapkan to help me bring it into reality. It expands to work like my hand for grip and power allowing you to lift heavier gear than most of us are capable of moving. It'll also allow you to climb better than all of us."

"This is wonderful, I can't thank you enough for this"

"Don't worry about thanks, worry about surviving this ordeal"

"Hey you two get over here!"

"On our way Kali! Eyes up and head down when working with Kali. She's ruthless, stay aware she's willing to throw you under the bus to save herself"

"Thanks for the heads up"

We walked over to Kali where she had set up her sniping perch.

"I will provide oversight as you four breach the compound we are here to extract Nøkk and absolutely nothing else. At least that's what six instructed us to do we are conducting a side operation for night-haven. Since I'm team lead you will follow this directive if you see loose intel take it"

Kapkan narrowed his eyes but didn't argue with her what he did instead was tap my shoulder and whisper in my ear.

"Stick with me"

Then we slid down the side of the mountain into the unmarked airbase. The ice fracturing while we scaled down. We saw a few hostile operatives patrolling the upper levels of the base Kali dispatched them quickly and quietly. We scaled the wall with some well placed deactivated lances from Kali's sniper.

"Radio check Kali we've found the main office it seems like nobody is here"

"That's cause they're all gathered one click north of here, can't make out shit from here."

"Copy that we're collecting files then, we need to find Nøkk"

I heard a gun click behind us and a quite voice spoke out.

"Hello Aruni"