Not quite the same

The strange woman had removed the paint on her face and memories had started surging my sister my best friend the one who was there when my parents had died. It was so overwhelming when she left to do something I crawled under the sink and held my knees to my chest.

"Ivy! Ivy where are you?"

I tapped the door to alert her to my location.

"You hiding from me? You little red eyed demônio"

I giggled before I fell over in pain.

"Ivy?"

I opened my eyes to see the child I had seen before but grown up.

"Ivy."

Her voice was suddenly sterner. After seven years of a box and a warden I flinched back quickly. She reached out quickly and grabbed my wrist. I opened my mouth as much as possible, albeit not very much.

"Ivy it's me I promise. I'm not going to hurt you, just let me cut the stitches"

She gently touched my face and grabbed a pair of wire cutters, placing them against the wiring she cut none of ten wires before the cutters broke.

"Fuck!"

I flinched when she yelled. Then there was a very loud thudding on the door. I jumped in panic. She gently placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Calm down then put a shirt on at least please"

I nodded. I haven't realized but I was basically naked from the bottom up.

"Back top drawer you'll find a big shirt and some pants"

I did as I was told and on my way into the room I looked in a mirror my pale red eyes flared back at me. My white hair was disheveled and knotted. The stitches looked wrong against my pale skin the bold black lines just didn't match anything.

"Taina what do you need?"

"Seamus you're one of the only people I've actually trust, because you're a giant teddy bear and I need that"

"Taina, this is very unlike you spooky woman"

"Seamus!"

"There she is!" *crunch* "Ow ow ow ow!"

I poked my head around the corner. Taina was holding a giant man by twisting his arm.

I waved to them. The big man took notice.

"Ivy"

"Who? Ow!"

"Seamus, this is the favor that I was calling in"

She let him go and he spun around.

"Seamus Cowden at your service"

"Ivy Shaw my sister"

"What!"

"Well, not genetically speaking"

"Close enough, but it shows you have a soul!"

I just watched the back and forth. Tanias eyes suddenly turned dark.

"Sorry but, It's not exactly fine but it's not wrong. I've gotta call Jack or Ronin in."

"Jack"

"Calm down I'll get your crush"

Her eyes narrowed as he started to run.

He suddenly quieted down, a strange figure with a glowing eye was standing behind him.

"Ah Jack how did you get here so fast?"

He pointed a finger at the now quiet man.

"He brought me"

"Of course he did"

"He brought Ronin too, he's in the truck. Could I bring him in?"

"Sure"

There was a five minute wait where I just watched Seamus quietly standing. I had a moment of niceness and I started dragging him onto the couch.

"Let him be Ivy"

I shook my head at her.

"Fine"

We pushed the giant man onto the sofa, it bent under his weight. Then there was another knock on the door. I opened the door expecting the strange man but found another strange man who seemed to shine under the sunlight. He thanked me and nodded to Tania. Turning around I tripped on Tania's table, I fell backwards but the strange man caught me by the wrist. I looked up at his bright red eyes and it looked back down at me.

"Who's she?"

"This is Ivy my sister"

He reached out and I flinched like he was threatening my life.

"Kid you okay?"

Many harsh images flashed through my head, my heart surged. I thought everything would fade but it didn't. It didn't stop hurting my head. Instead I reflexively pulled my hand back flipped him over my shoulder. I slammed my knee onto his throat.

"Hey Jack correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you an elite soldier?"

"Taina, you know that I'd rather not hurt her, she's not doing this on purpose. Ow!"

"Suuuure, you want Ivy off you now?"

"Please"

"I apologize for scaring you. Just too many bad memories?"

I nodded and backed up into another man. A man with a silver looking face greeted me with a shark toothed grin.

"Fuck Ivy you're smooth today"

"I'm Ronin, you're not quite normal are you? Not a lot of people have red eyes, nowadays they've all been given to us by someone or something unnatural."

His voice was an aggressive hiss. I gently nodded my head. I looked at Tania then to the strange man tilting my head.

"She's probably wondering how we met each other"

"I think she stabbed me on my first day in rainbow understandably so with my physique"

I shook my finger, Tania was the nicest girl I had ever known growing up. It just wasn't her.

"Hmmmmmmm, Ivy I did stab him"

My eyes surged with curiosity.

"A lot has changed since you disappeared"

I pursed my lips and tried not to panic the world felt small and the four others eyes felt like weights pushing down on my entire body.
I heard Tania whisper something after noticing  my stress.

"I've got one or three I want to stab right now"

I held up my hands and started covering my head.

"Not really. I mean maybe I mean fuck"

Then a sudden memory flash ripped my train of thought in the wrong direction. Instead of happy memories I was in the box I had an inch to move. I started hyperventilating I clutched harder to my skull and rocked back and fourth. I couldn't stop panicking the world kept crushing me down. I felt two slender arms wrap around my midsection and my heart slowed down.

"Shush shush, I've got you get out you three"  her voice laced with venom for the last part.

"We're going to be outside"

"I've got you my beautiful sister I never plan to let you go again. My heart broke when you disappeared, Mom, dad the boys too. Please don't be afraid of me"

I pulled her tighter and refused to let go.