Seventeen

2MIN

"I'm so glad you forgave me," Taemin grinned as he sat himself on the bed. Minho sat next to him and nodded his head in agreement.

Minho stared at him, a small smile playing at his lips. Taemin began to feel uncomfortable, wondering what the older boy was thinking. But before he could ask the question, he felt a soft pair of warms lips on his own.

The kiss started out slow and sensual. Taemin had never gotten used to the feel of Minho's lips, nor did he think he ever would.

They kept a steady pace for a while, but after a few minutes they decided to speed things up - Minho lowering Taemin gently down to lie on the bed, giving room for Minho to straddle him.

Their kids got more passionate; their teeth clashed as they yearned for closer touch, but that feeling was soon disrupted by a overactive intruder at the door.

"Hey, guys! Did you want some food?" Onew kicked the bedroom door open with his foot, carrying two plates in his hands. "I made chicken!"

He stopped abruptly, seeing the two boys with their lips pressed together, but their eyes staring directly at him, as if they were too shocked to move.

Suddenly, Onew burst out laughing hysterically as he tried to balance the two plates without dropping them.

"Your faces!" he managed to get out between his laughter. "I guess you're not hungry - at least not for chicken!" He started laughing all over again at his own wit, tears coming to his eyes.

Taemin finally pulled away, his surprised expression replaced with an embarrassed glare. "Yah! You're not supposed to be in here!" He exclaimed, as if Onew was intruding. He pouted like a child.

"Don't worry, Maknae! I won't tell anyone - though I bet they've already figured it out. You guys are just too obviously in love!"

Minho frowned along side Taemin, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh well, more chicken for me!" Onew turned back around, still laughing to himself as he disappeared from view.

"I guess we're not a secret anymore," Minho concluded, stating the obvious.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Taemin blushed before pulling Minho closer to him again.

ONEW

Onew wasn't sure what to do with himself after what he had witnessed in Taemin and Minho's room. He was left wandering around the house, mindlessly eating the chicken that was meant for the two boys.

Something was bothering him but he couldn't figure out what. He liked to think that he was just as open-minded as the next guy, but now that he was really thinking about it...

"I need to get out the house," he announced to himself, surprised by the sudden urge to be away from everyone. Well, nearly everyone - there was someone he could talk to that always understood how he felt. She was barely a stranger anymore.

Twenty minutes later, he was showered and dressed and ready to leave. The car journey was only another fifteen minutes, and although he hated having to drive alone, he was already out the door. He told himself the car journey was a perfect opportunity to think through what he was going to say.

But all he ended up doing was worrying.

"Hey!" Onew called, his hands in his trouser pockets as he walked into the familiar cafe, having stood outside for the last five minutes preparing himself. Ji-Min was busy serving a customer, but turned around immediantly to greet him. Onew had no idea how he had kept her a secret from the others for so long - usually, when he met someone new who caught his eye, he would tell absolutely everyone he knew.

"Onew!" she waved, bowing to the customer as she took her leave. "How are you?"

Onew shrugged, unable to answer her question. "What about you? You look better than the last time we spoke." He took his usual spot on the stool by the counter, leaning on his elbows. The shadows under her eyes had faded considerably, making her look as beautiful as she had the first time he met her a few weeks back.

"Yeah, thanks." She stood on the other sie of the counter, counting up the money in her tip jar. It was nearly closing time. "What brings you here?"

"Something's going on with two of my friends." She raised an eyebrow, asking him to continue. "And I don't know how I feel about it." He sighed, covering his face with his hand.

"What's going on?" she asked, looking genuinely curious and interested in what he was saying. Onew managed to give her a small smile; this was why he adored her.

"They're together... romantically."

Her eyes suddenly widened as if she had finally realised what and who he was talking about. "You mean the two boys that were in her earlier?" She frowned as if she was trying to remember something. "Taemin and... Minho?"

Onew nodded, a look of dispair on his usually cheery face.

"What's so bad about that?"

Onew shrugged again; he didn't even have a reason for his behaviour, he just felt that it was wrong. Not because he was a homophobe - he'd always accepted that some guys just don't like girls in that way - but because... "Maybe it's because I've known them for ages and I never imagined that they'd end up, like, together."

Ji-Min nodded with a look that told him that she knew what he was trying to get at.

"Onew, if they want to be together, I say let them," was all she said. Onew nodded as if he was trying to get his head around the whole situation.

"I'm not going to stop them," he agreed, though he had thought about it earlier in the car.

After a few moments of not speaking, Onew finally gained the courage to say what he had always wanted to say. "I sort of want what they have," he muttered, blushing furiously.

"Huh?" Ji-Min asked, though he knew she had heard him.

"Taemin and Minho. They're always so happy when they're together. I think they really love each other. I really wish someone would love me... I wish I could love someone back."

Ji-Min gave him a sad smile, as if she was pitying him. Onew didn't want pity - mostly, he just wanted her to confess that she felt the same way about him as he felt about her. Even though they had only known each other for a few mere weeks, Onew felt like he already knew everything about her. That was another thing he loved about her: she was always so open with him.

"There's someone for everyone, Onew. You've just got to wait a little while longer," she said, suddenly feeling ashamed of the ring on her finger. She quickly hid it behind her back, even though she knew that Onew had already figured out what it meant: 'engaged'.