Chapter 26

7 Years later...

It has been seven years. Most precisely seven years and three months since I last saw him. I had tried calling, texting and even looking him up on every social media platform known to man kind but it was like Daniel O'Brion never existed.

Every single day I wish to call him, to hear his voice or to simply yell at him but I no longer wanted to seem desperate.

Oh who am I kidding, I was desperate already. I just did not want to be too desperate.

Reenae had helped me to get through my very long period of depression. Who knew frozen yogurt and ice cream could heal a broken heart. Reenae, that's who. My parents were furious when we told them what happened after witnessing me crying all the time. Their anger did not last long though and they helped in cheering me up.

Dad though, he took it too far. He took comforting words to a whole new level because when he started talking it would feel like a never ending speech. I still loved him to bits though, speeches and all.

The good thing though was that Reenae and Zick were the ultimate high school sweethearts and were still going strong. They were inseparable and it was so sickeningly sweet it made me feel jealous, slightly.

Talk about power couple.

No one knew where Daniel and his mother disappeared to, including Zick. He had cut all ties with everyone without a warning or a second thought. And since no one knew his relatives, we hit a dead end on our search. Their house was on sale the very next day, furniture and all.

I was moving on, just like how he probably did. Everything that reminded me of him, I got rid of. My love for the color pink faded away, I could not look at anything pink without Daniel coming to mind.

An adult who lived their life the way they wanted, that was who I am now. My closet was cleared out of all things pink, I had more dark colored clothes than light and I liked it that way. I was moving on and Daniel O'Brion was nothing but a ghost of the past.

*-*-*-*-*-*

"Maddie, can't you be any faster? Your interview is in thirty minutes. Why did you even wake up late?" Reenae called out from the couch she was seated at with a bowl of cereal in hand. "I wasn't the one who wanted to have fun at the club until two in the morning." I yelled out as I proceeded to search for my black pencil skirt in my now messy closet.

"Technically, I feel like it was your fault. You should have known better since you were the one with an interview so early in the morning." Not sparing another breath on her, I rolled my eyes. Sighing in relief at the skirt which I had just found at the bottom, I picked out a fitting jacket to put over my white shirt which had the first two buttons open.

After making sure that I was presentable enough for the job, I grabbed my purse and the required documents before rushing to the living room. "Hey aren't you supposed to be at work or something?" I directed the question to Reenae who shrugged as she continued munching on her breakfast. "I only have to be there by ten, unlike you." I groaned at my misfortune, took an apple and walked out.

About three years ago, Reenae and I agreed to share a house considered we would split the payment. But obviously seeing as I hadn't had a proper job yet, she paid most of it. Currently, Reenae is a make-up artist, not to mention the best there is meaning she only goes to work when she is needed and need I say she gets paid alot of cash. She even gets to work with some well known artists.

As for me, I had just applied for a personal assistant position at the Black company. They own and manage many 5 star resorts and hotels. And were the most successful in the business. I was terrified out of my wits to even set foot inside their building.