Chapter 2

Alright class, settle down....this term we are going to be running things different. I'm going to partner you up and as a pair you are going to work on an assignment which will be part of your grades. But this time I will make up the pairs. Liona and James; Reenae and Ryder; Bella and Christian; Petra and Zick..." I was no longer listening as my eyes were focused on my best friend walking away with a sad expression to her appointed partner. My senses were immediately awoken when I heard my name being announced.  "...and finally Madison and Daniel." My life came to a stand still as I took a moment to reck my brain on the number of Daniels that I know and learn with and turns out it was only one. I crane my neck to the back of the class where he is normally situated and sure enough that's where he is.

I pick up my things and slowly head towards him. I pulled out the chair making it scrap against the ground and sit down without a word, feeling intimidated by his presence. "I've realized that many of you are failing your literature analysis so I want you to get to know your partner. After three weeks I want you to submit a write up about each other's characteristics, habits and basically anything you deem fit for the assignment. Of which three weeks is a very long time so I will not need any excuses. You may start." She finished off and walked over to her table not even minding what we were doing.

I hesitantly craned my neck to face him. He did not even seem to be paying attention to anything but the field on the other side of the window. "If staring is part of your hobbies then it's really bad, you need to change it." As he said that, I quickly averted my gaze to the book sitting infront of me. At this moment, I was glad that I was not the type to blush.  "Uhm...do you want to start the assignment?" I tilted my head a little only to see that he hadn't taken his eyes off the field. "Make up the questions then we can start later." He grabbed his bag and got up just as the bell rang.

By the time I got home I was so exhausted from doing mountain like homework for the shedevils at the library that I ended up falling into a deep slumber. I woke up in the middle of the night after having a disturbing dream. I knew that I was not going to get any sleep so I went downstairs, took a glass of water and went back with it to my room. I made use of the time that I got and wrote my assignments. Before I knew it, it was time for me to prepare for school. In no time I was done with my daily morning routines. Unfortunately I stumbled upon one of the desk's legs causing my left over water to spill all over the work I had done for Juliana, Liona and Ginna. I shrieked in horror as I faced the now ink smudged pile of papers. "Oh my gosh, I am so dead." I wiped off the water, only to make it worse. I even tried blow drying them but it was of no use hence I was left with no other choice but to own up.

"YOU DID WHAT!" Liona screamed out at me. I could feel my body starting to tremble with fear die to the glares that I was receiving from three angles. "I'm sorry, it was a mistake. I didn't mean to spill water over your work. I can rewrite it before your lesson begins." Ginna moved closer to me with her hands on her hips in an intimidating manner making me cower away. "I want my work done by the second period." I stared at her dumbfounded. "But I have to do my own english assignment in first period." "Well work it out nerd. I just want to see all of our work finished." That was her last say as she flipped her hair back, turned on her heels and walked away with the other two following behind. At least I was grateful that no harm came my way and Ree was not here or else she would have surely added to the fire by talking back to Ginna.

Unfortunately, I had to miss my english lesson just so I could finish all the work for my bullies. As soon as the bell rang I quickly made my way to the hallway. Whilst on my way there, I bumped into someone but did not bother looking up to see whom it was. I mumbled a sorry and was about to continue on my journey but a hand grabbed my forearm and pulled me back. I frowned as I looked up only to see Daniel with Zick beside him. My expression changed immediately and was replaced by that of realization.  "Daniel!" I stood there gapping at him. Daniel O'Brion was actually holding my arm. That surely was worthy of going down into the book of records. "Why weren't you in the lesson? I know that I'm not that concerned about getting better grades but I know that you are obsessed with it." I could feel myself starting to sweat. I would never risk my perfect attendance in literature but when it comes to a matter of my personal wellbeing then I am forced to. "Sorry, I was getting some work done in the library." He immediately gave me a quizzical look. "What work?" Before I could actually respond Ginna arrived with her minions.

"Hey Danny and Zick." They all sayin unison before their smiles turn into scowls as they look at me. "Ew Daniel, why are you holding that flea bag?" Lions voiced out. Julian a immediately pushes my hand away from Daniel's, successfully making me stumble back a little. "Geeks, nerds and freaks like you, are not supposed to be hanging around people like us." Julian a motions towards the five of them. "So...did you finish our work?" Lions states and I nod slightly as I looked at the times floor. "Give it." She demands and I immediately hand her the pile of books in my hands. "Oh and remember, stay away from Daniel and Zick." Ginna announces and I respond with another nod. "Leave." I raise my head and catch a glimpse of Daniel giving me an expressionless look. I turn on my heels and make my way to my gym class where I know none of the aforementioned five will not be in. At least that's something good happening so far.

________________________

Vote. Comment. Share😉

*Sandy