2 - socialising

CHAPTER TWO - SOCIALISING

Two days had past, the gloomy weather had filled the air as kenma was slowly following behind [name] as she walked to school, eating her toast as she did so. He breathed heavily as he watched her as she stopped at a shop across the street from school. He stood outside of the shop, watching her every step as she bought her lunch for school

He felt like he was on a date with her, his face was flaring red as he smiled, "this is so romantic..." he muttered, his hand on his heart as it best faster as if it was going to burst out of his chest. 

[Name] waved the cashier goodbye, putting her food in her bag, oblivious to the boy standing next to her, walking straight past Kenma, crossing the street to get to school.

She was so beautiful, even her side profile had him captivated to her, kenma quickly followed after her, bledning in with the crowd going to school with the girl, despite his oddly colored hair.

She had an overwhelming feeling that she was being followed, she felt like a set of eyes were staring straight at her, it made her feel very anxious. But, she thought nothing of it as there was a crowd of people walking into the same school as her, maybe she was just overthinking things.

Kenma's legs started to shake at the sight of her hesitantly turning around, still walking forward. It was almost like she was making eye contact with me... So romantic!! he thought to himself in a giddy tone, he sighed in pleasure, smirking. Her [e/c] eyes adverted over to a tall male in front of her; Lev, he was on the boys' volleyball team that kenma was on. Why was he talking to her?! Why did she look so happy?!

His fist clenched as he started to walk faster, following behind them, listening to their conversation, his legs almost giving up as soon as he heard [name] speak.

"You know what's creepy? Some guy followed me on Instagram and liked all of my posts, even the ones from, like, a year ago..." she hummed, shrugging.

"Huh? That's strange... But I don't see why you should be so worried about it! It's probably because you look so good in those photos!" he teased, giving her finger guns.

"I swear to God..." she face palmed her head, chuckling at the grey haired boy's antics

Kenma did not like this at all, that was supposed to him, why was she cuddling up to some tall, annoying and loud-mouth who didn't know when to shut up.

He growled underneath his breath, staring the tall boy right at the back of his head, his cat eyes digging into him.

The boy turned around, seeing kenma walking behind them, "Oh! Kenma! Right, Kenma; this is [name]~chan." he introduced her to him, the boy looked like a deer in headlights as his cat eyes widened, not moving away from [name], his eyes going everywhere apart from her face.

"Uhm... Hello?" Lev waved his slender fingers in front of the pudding-haired boy, "earth to kenma..."

"No worries, he's probably just nervous," she sighed, doubting her words herself, "but I've met him before, I sit in front of him in class,"

Kenma watched as the two walked away, chatting away with each other. His face was beat red, his heart was still beating hard. He was so close to her, that was probably the closest he's ever been to her. He smelt her, he saw her smile at him; he felt like he could do anything, anything in the world.

As soon as lunch had started, he ditched kurro go immediately sit behind [name]'s table, his tall friend lazily following after him with an annoyed expression.

"Kenma, why do you keep leaving me behind? Why're you in such a rush..." kroon groaned, slipping down onto the chair he was sitting on.

Kenma didn't answer, his eyes were wondering around the cafeteria, looking for the [h/c] haired girl; she was no where to be seen, he was started to get worried, his left leg started shaking underneath the table.

"Hey, are you oka-" Kuroo started, only for him to interrupt, "where's [name]?!" he yelled, his hands shaking, his friend raised an eyebrow

"[Name]... She's at the boys' volleyball practice, Lev dragged her there to help,"

He didn't hesitate to stand up, grabbing his lunch and throwing it in the bin, heading towards the gym where they had their practices.

He bursted into the gym with kurro running behind him, [name]'s eyes lit up, walking over to door, kenma felt his heart clenching, opening his arms up as he thought she was running to give him a hug.

He watched as she ran past her, hitting the boy bedsides him with the her side of her body; kurro, "Kuroo!! Yamamoto needs you!" she cheered

"Alright, alright," he chuckled, flicking her forehead and walking past her.

She smiled at kenma before sitting at the side of gym, cheering the boys on. Kenma stood bedsides her, he noticed how she was getting on so well with the rest of the boys but not with him. Why? He was trying his best.

He scooted over to her, her eyes advetring over to him, "You're kenma, right? I don't think I haven't actually had a fully on conversation with you.. I'm [Name]!" she smiled as she held out her hand, waiting for him shake it.

His hands shook as he shook her hand, his heart beating, "cats."

"Pardon me?"

"Cats. Do you like cats."

She titled her head, "mhm! They're so cute!! I love their tails and their eyes.."

"We're made for each other...." he whispered as quietly as he could

"What'd you say?" she asked, titling her head even more, confused at the boy's actions. "Nothing. Don't worry." he said bluntly, walking away, staring at his hand.

He was never going to wash his hands ever again, her scent was on his hand, she had touched his hand. He brang his hand to his noise, sniffing aggressively

Practice had finished, kuroo asked if he could walk home with him but kenma said no, he had some important things to do.

He had to put down more notes in his audio recorder about [name], he had learned new information about her.

He made sure his mother was busy downstsirs before he started to record, "It's been a few days since I met her, and only 1 hour, 4 minutes and 41 seconds since I had my first conversation with her. She shook my hand, her scent is now on my hand, it felt amazing. She likes cats, I like cats too! We're practically soulmates....,"

He was convinced that they belonged together, his mind told him that they were.

He was going to do anything to make sure she was his and his only.