Insecure farmer

Rambles about how some of the characters would handle an insecure farmer, how would they make them feel better etc.

Elliot: oh bOy, that is NOT allowed. His muse, his inspiration for everything, the person that he is infatuated with thinks they're anything less than perfect? That just won't do. Finding out that you don't see yourself the same way he does rocks his world a bit, not a single person in town dislikes you and he sees you as perfect. It baffles him that you don't see the same.
    Although, on the other hand, he gets it. Doesn't the farmer see him that way? He surely doesn't. Some days are better than others, and it just hadn't occurred to him you felt similar insecurities to what he felt.
    He could go on for hours about everything he loves about you, and he definitely tries. After rambling about how great you are in his dramatic and romantic way you finally cut him off. Not that this isn't good for the ego, but he was going on and on and this could definitely be a two way conversation, you could use a moment to talk about your feelings.
    He does everything in his power to reach the root of the problem all why hyping you up and telling you how great you are. From here on he makes sure to tell you daily about how amazing you are. He'll hype you up and target some of your insecurities.
    "That outfit looks so good on you my darling!" "That was such a smart statement, I enjoy hearing your point of view, love of my life." etc. romantic guy, he can't have you going around thinking you're anything less than perfect.

Shane: Similar situation to elliot. You're literally amazing in his eyes? He lives by the rule that nobodies perfect so you may not be perfect to him, but you're as close as one person can get.
    Another difference is that he knows how you feel hardcore. Hits home more than it would with anyone else. You see so much good in him, why can't you see it in yourself?
    He's a little lost after realizing just how insecure you are. How had he not noticed it before? He beats himself up over it a bit. He should've noticed, should've been there for you sooner. So he started doing everything he can to make you feel better. Compliments here and there, trying to be as sincere as possible. He also tried to be more open with his own insecurities, assuring you that it's normal and okay to feel this way. He hopes if he's more open about it maybe you will be too.
    He's always there to be a shoulder to cry on, someone to confide in, and he's just a very calming presence when you need him to be. His favorite way of comforting you is snuggling with you, preferably somewhere comfortable like a bed or couch. He'll had blankets all set up, you two sharing one, if you like coffee or tea he'll get that for you, a cup of water too. He'll sit there next to you, letting you cuddle into him and wrapping his arm around you. You can do whatever you want to get comfortable, be that venting out your frustrations, crying, or just sitting there quietly soaking in his comforting presence. Most of the time, unless you ask him to do otherwise, he'll sit there quietly letting you do what you need to do to feel better.
    If you have any specific way you want him to comfort you just ask and he'll be so happy to oblige. He never quite knows if he's doing things right so please tell him, he'd appreciate it.
    " I feel down sometimes too, I'm always here for you. Do you want to take a minute to sit together and rest?"
    He's not dramatic so he won't be super dramatic when it comes to comforting you but the way he does is so perfect and you couldn't ask for a better shoulder to cry on.

Harvey: Doctor is probably not the best at comforting people tbh. He tries, and he does quiet well, but he worries too much. It's hard to help someone quit worrying about their insecurities when now they're worrying about it too.
    He still tries his best though. He'll always be there to listen, though he can't just sit there and listen. He'll be running around, getting you water and snack after your cry/vent session so you don't get dehydrated or anything, he'll go fetch you a blanket or just do whatever he can do to keep himself busy. He worries about you cause he doesn't know what he'd do without you.
    Doesn't put you on as much of a high level as the others but he loves you as much as he can in his own way. No one should have to fear their own thoughts.
"Oh dear! Well, I think you're quite lovely. Thoughts like that are hard to control..."
    Has a couple therapist colleagues he can ask questions if things go too far south with your mental state.