Travel Buddies

It had been a week since that had happened between me and Link, and you know what I've been doing all week? Thinking about it. That moment would be the most cherished in my entire life.

Zelda and Link continued together. So whenever I saw them together, my blood boiled. They were a happy couple. We would sometimes hang out in my room, though I and Zelda didn't get along so well.

"Y\N! Father is calling you!" I heard Zelda say. She was happier than most days and I wondered why. I made my way to his office and saw him sitting at his desk. "You called father?" He shifted his gaze onto me, and Zelda was standing behind me, happy as could be. "Yes, It has been brought to my attention that you would be interested in helping Gerudo Town and their chief, Riju, construct their new temple in the ruins?" I was shocked. Zelda had set something up hadn't she?

"Um...yes father. I would love to help Chief Riju." I forced a smile. Zelda chuckled behind me. "Wonderful! Link would also like to help so I suppose you two can go together!" Zelda's smile faded. "B-But father! He's my appointed knight!" Zelda said.  "You said you could defend yourself, no? Well, I'll take your word for it. And anyway, you shall be spending your day with prince Sidon." Zelda glared at me. "Yes, father." Then she walked out of the room. I did a small bowl and walked out of the room as well.

I started to get ready to go to Gerudo Town by horse. Then when I was done, I changed into my (F/C) shirt, and some blue trousers. Then I met up with Link to get our horses from the stable and set off on our two-day journey to Gerudo Town. (This was estimated, not sure if it is correct though.)

"Alright Y/N! You ready?" Link asked me. "Yep! Ready to help Riju rebuild ruins." I smiled at him. Everything seemed to be better while Link was there, Everything. He smiled back at me and we continued our path to Gerudo Town.

:・゚✧:・゚✧

After two or three hours of traveling, we were already running out of things to talk about. The sun was setting and the sky was an orange-pink. Then finally, we steadied into a comfortable silence. It seemed to be better when we were quiet like we were communicating telepathically. It was great.

"We should call it a day. There are a lot of monsters that come out at night.  So maybe we should camp out here." Link said, his voice breaking the silence that had roamed for so long. I nodded and the sky turned a beautiful blue, and all I could think about was the night I was in Link's arms.

There was a stable nearby and we decided to sleep there. "80 rupees for the both of ya," the stable worker said. "Here," I gave him the 80 rupees and Link looked confused. "I'll pay." I smiled, but Link still looked a little unsure. We went to our beds and went to sleep.

:・゚✧:・゚✧

The next day the sun rose, and I woke up in an instant, Link was still sleeping but it was 10 in the morning. Realizing this, I decided to wake him up so we could get going. "Link! Wake up!!" I told him, but he just groaned. "Link...Come on!" Link groaned again and turned to the other side of the bed. "Link!! Wake up! Do you want breakfast or not?!" Within an instant, he woke up and his eyes lit up.

"So where's the food?" Link asked, and this time I groaned.