Queen (One Shot)

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

I have done a fair share of dangerous things in my life - I've assassinated powerful people, I've stolen highly secured properties, I've fought against literal armies, all those kinds of things....

But nothing beats the danger I jumped on last night.

'What am I to you?'

My question to him echoed in my head. I had no idea what came to me. I thought I was still hanging on the edge of keeping myself silent, but it seems like I've fallen and I just talked.

I broke his number one rule - no nonsense feelings.

Jim stared at me like I have just spoken a language he doesn't understand. I should have just stopped there honestly...but I kept going.

I went on about wanting to know what this all meant.

I started as a freelance hit-woman for him and business went well and well, until he absorbed me in his team. Since then, there was a sense of common ground between us. I always understand the assignment he gives and I always deliver. His morals and visions align with mine as well.

At first, I thought everything he was giving me were compensation for the tasks I accomplished, until I realized it wasn't. He was spoiling me too much...to the point he offered me to stay with him and by then, it started happening. We became intimate, in a physical way. All of it happened with full consent. He didn't force me, I didn't seduced him. Somehow, we just attracted each other like magnets. It happened again and again and again until we're pretty much addicted to each other. As of now, it's a common thing that we do.

I know it wasn't just lust though. There was an amount of respect between us and everyone in the compound can see that. They treat me like the queen of the hive and they should. I have done a fair share of keeping their king alive any way.

But as much as I want to continue this, I wanted to know what it really is. Will this just be a phase, is this a common occurrence, will I be replaced soon?

As much as I have promised to not let feelings control me, I'm afraid I lost last night.

Now, the anxiety of losing all of this, losing my spot with him...losing him...is so too much compared to the physical high he's giving me.

He just laughed at me though. What did I even expect? He scoffed and chuckled, and I just stared at him in defeat.

I could feel it though...that I'm something more to him. Not just a tool, not just a past time. I should have just accept that I'll never see it fully manifest though. He's a psychopath...I need to remind myself that again and again.

I sighed out all my thoughts and finally forced myself out of his bed. Of course, he's not here anymore, business is always early. I put on some clothes before walking out straight to the dining area where coffee is already waiting for me...and so was Sebastian.

"Moran," I greeted the gentleman who's drinking his tea across me.

"Y/L/N," he greeted back. There was always this tension between us, but as time pass, he's slowly accepting me. I fully look up to him though - he is the perfect partner for someone like Moriarty, "Rough night?" he asked with a teasing, and now this is what I don't like about him. He knows me too well more than I know him. Damn their deduction skills.

"Yeah. I'm very sore," I answered, a little sarcastic and feisty with him.

"I'm not talking about that. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard your little interrogation last night," he continued and for some reason, this became more embarrassing, "You two always leave that damn door a little open."