Damsel In Distress (Part 3)

*Jim's P. O. V.*

I should be annoyed right now.

For the past two weeks, I got used to her sophisticated and matured manner, but suddenly, Y/N looked like a kid that was just released in a big playpen. Her calm and elegant demeanor was set aside and she fully embraced all the wonders she was feeling.

Again, I should be annoyed by this shift of personality, but here I am, adoring her more.

I have to be honest, there's something different about her. I've met a fair share of women in my line with business - capable women that can outshine many men in the industry, but out of all of them, she shines the most. I know she's hiding some intelligence in her - being kept that long with nothing else to do, she obviously focused on studying. She might be clueless about what's physically out here, but she's definitely not clueless.

I feel like I found a hidden gem.

We're now at the Tower of London and she's admiring everything she sees. I just learned she has a special interest in historical artifacts and being able to finally get here is too exciting for her that she may have forgotten that people are looking for her.

She was going all out, going from exhibit to exhibit and then turns to me if she has any question. I do entertain her though, the light from her eyes every time I show and tell her more is a good reward from this.

"I can't believe I'm here," she murmured with fascination. It was too surreal for her. I do commend her for taking this long to try anything like this, being kept locked away like that would make anyone lose their mind.

"Is it better than you imagined it to be?" I asked, surprisingly tolerating this more.

"Astronomically way better," she said with beaming smile, "thank you," she added which caught me off guard. Y/N stared at me with full appreciation in her eyes. No one had genuinely thanked me like that before.

I tried to brush it off with a nod and she went back to the displays to admire them more. I did still keep an eye on her, but my mind had began to drift. She was indeed staying in my mind and space for longer than she should and I don't know if I should do anything about that.

I'm getting way too distracted with this.

I was about to move to follow her as she's already on her way to the next exhibit when I felt people closed in behind me and before I can react, they got hold of my arms.

"Come with us peacefully, Moriarty," I felt guns against my hip and their grip on my arm is getting tighter. I slowly looked back to check who they are and fortunately, this has nothing to do with her.

"You could have asked nicely for a date, darling. I'd make schedule for you all," I said in a flirty way, but they were not playing. The two men behind me began to gesture at each other and began to drag me away and I let them be. I can't bring any attention to Y/N not matter what.

As I was being guided out, I'm noticing there were a lot of them around the place. They clearly were monitoring me and I got too distracted that I failed to notice. Sebastian will definitely make fun of me if he finds out. These are amateurs, they're lucky they got this close to me.

I completely lost track of Y/N and I'm already thinking she'll see this as an open door for escape. I shouldn't let that happen, but I guess that's better than people finding out I'm the one that took her.

"Where are the jewels?!" They tried to push me against a wall, but I immediately regained my balance. They brought me out the museum and back at they secluded alleyway where there are several other people of their team waiting for this show.