Chapter 8

"designer"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

We talked on the way along with jamming out to some tunes. She singing while I drummed on the steering wheel on the red light. So far my attempt to make her feel better was going well.

Eventually, we reached the restaurant and sat at a booth. I looked over the menu before making up my mind. I looked over to see Brooke still struggling with what to get. "The safe option is always simple tenders. If they get that messed up then you know the rest might not be better." She looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "What? I've figured that out over my experiences."

The waiter came up to ask us if we were ready to order and we both said yes. He took our orders and I smirked at what she got. "I'm just gonna go the safe route on this one," she said as I nodded my head. "So  do you have a girlfriend?" She asked in a very curious tone. Making me pause a little before I started to speak.

"You know Brooke I'm very flatter but I don't think I can do that to -" I got interrupted when she hit from across the table.

"Oh shut up you jerk," she laughed out. "So do you? Because if you don't Peyton is available."

I chuckled before responding to her comment. "As much as I wouldn't hate that I think she has her eyes on someone else." She gave me a glare that didn't look very playful and I was wondering why. Wait, oh she thinks I'm talking about... "No not him I'm talking about the single dad, plays guitar, and I don't think that describes Luke." She laughed and I smiled at her. "I think they would be a great couple. She was checking him out the other night so who knows." I said. The waiter came to our table and dropped off the food before leaving. "So tell me, Ms.Davis, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Well I really like to do... you know never mind it's dumb," she said looking down at her plate.

"No, it's not come on I want to hear it," I replied. She glanced at me before she sighed and gave in.

"I would like to be something in the fashion industry like a designer or something like that. Sometimes I daydream..." she went on with what she wanted the conversation and she had this glint of light in her eyes as she talked about which made me smile. I listen to her as she went on about creating her own stuff. I got lost for a bit but snapped back in when she asked a question. "What about you Andrew what do you want to do?"

"Uh mines are not as interesting as yours but I would say the same thing I would have said when I was a kid. A basketball player." I paused, "But I highly doubt that'll happen."

"You're right you kinda suck." I gasped as she sipped on her drink before she laughed. "I'm kidding! I think you can make it. Then you can include me in one of those awards speeches." she paused for a while. "Yeah, now you have to make it I already have the image stuck in my head." I chuckled at her comment.

═════ ◈ ═════

I put my car in park beside the curb in front of her house. "Thank you, " she said getting my attention. "For all of this, you didn't need to do this." She let out in her raspy voice.

"I'm glad I did or else I wouldn't have learned more about a future designer." She let a laugh, "I should thank you also, or else I would've had a boring night in watching old movies." I got out of the car and walked to the passenger side before opening the door. "Ms.Davis, " I said offering my hand to help her up which she accepted.

"You know you're a good person. I thought you would be an asshole, " I put my hand over my heart pretending to be hurt. "But you proved me wrong and for the first time in my life, I'm actually happy about that. Anyways I should probably head inside," I nodded and tucked my hands into my pocket. She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and ran off before I could react yelling her goodbye. I swear this girl. I waited until she entered her house before driving away.

═════ ◈ ═════

"Nathan!" I called trying to reach him through the crowd from outside of the school. He turned around and gave me enough time to reach him. "So what do I hear about you quitting the team, "

"You can quit acting like your my friend. Me and you aren't teammates anymore so we don't have to pretend to get along," he said walking off, taking me a few seconds to get back into what I was trying to know. "Still following me, aren't you?"

"Yep, " I responded to his known question. "And I am going to continue until you tell me why you quit the team, " he continued walking ignoring my presence. "Cmon dude just tells me or else this thing is going to get annoying for both of us."

He turned around to face me. "So stop doing it." as he circled back around to continue walking.

"No can do, " I answered back making him sigh. "Look man if you have a problem with me on the team you can just say that, cause if that's the pro-"

"No that's not it, " he interrupted while I gave him a face wondering what it was then. He let out a defeated sigh before speaking. "It's just I have to figure out some stuff, including my dad, " I nodded my head at the last portion. Knowing how his dad is because mine was the same way. We exchanged a few more words before we walked away.

The rest of the day went by pretty fast. Got to speak to Luke who was talking about what was going on with Peyton while mentioning a bit of Brooke. You would think he would talk more about his girlfriend but nope. Just her best friend. Now I see what she was talking about. I try to give him some advice but whether he listens to it or not it's up to him. Woah, sound too much like my mom right now.

Anyways I finally reached the house when the sun was going down. I walked in and took off my jean jacket and threw it on the couch before making my way into the kitchen. I looked in the cabinets on top to get a cereal box. I know cereal for dinner makes me feel like an adult. Right when I was about to pour the cereal into my bowl, my phone rang. "Hello"I answered dragging the word, it without looking at the screen.

Father: Where is my car?