chapter 50

Ngumiti ako sa mga camera na nakaharap sa akin. I glanced at Gen, he's holding my waist. Mabilis kong inikot ang aking mga mata sa dami ng tao na nasa loob ng studio. We're invited here.. Tatanggi sana ako pero mukhang magandang ideya rin ang pagdalo.

Napangisi ako noong makita sila na naglalakad papunta sa pwesto namin. Stefan's serious aura with Jesy's wide smile. Ang manipis na braso ni Jesy ay nakakapit sa braso ni Stefan. Stefan didn't smile.

I met his eyes and he bit his lips. Napangisi ako at sumandal kay Gen. Nawala ang ngisi ko noong humarang ang mukha ni Jesy sa akin. Gen greeted them and I don't. Tinaasan ko si Jesy ng kilay. She smile widely at me.

Lumapit siya sa akin para yumakap pero umiwas ako at nanghahamon na tumingin sa akin. She laughed awkwardly. I heard some reactions from the crowd.

“I don't want to be dirty,” ngisi ko sa kanya. She lost her smile.

I don't mind people saying that I am rude and bitch. I just don't want to be fake in front of everyone. If they can see how mad I am right now, they'll be in awe.

“Ladies and gentlemen, our guests for today! Gen and Mavis, Jesy and Stefan!”

The crowd's cheering is bit annoying. Halos lahat ay isinisigaw ang pangalan ni Jesy. Yelling how they love her and her relationship. It's annoying, how could be some people be so shallow and ignorant?

“It's nice to see you, Mavis! I've been dreaming to invite you here.. And gladly, you are here now!” napangiti ako sa host.

“Yes, I am glad to be here.. I was really thinking to refuse again, but it gets more interesting.” ngiti ko at sumandal sa sofa.

“We thought you'll refuse because you said that you'll have your vacation.. Thank you for coming, we are delighted!” she smiled. Tumango ako at ngumiti rin.

The show started. It was live. It's just a talk show. I didn't know why we are invited here but as the host talks, naintindihan ko na rin kung bakit. Gen and Stefan was known for their businesses and having model girlfriends made us to be here.

“Actually, she's not my girlfriend, she is my girl best friend. You know, people got confused with it..” Gen chuckled. Napangisi ako sa sinabi niya.

“Ganoon ba? Paparazzi sucks sometimes!” the host laughed.

“Yes, it is. You know, last few weeks, Mavis and Stefan got caught having dinner..” Jesy laughed.

Tumahimik ang lahat at siya lang ang natatawa. I smirked and glanced at her. She lifted up her brows and looked at me cockily.

“Yes, darling! Ang balita pa ay nagdedate kayo? It's hilarious! After their break up, you were caught having dinner with Stefan!” tanong ng echoserang host. 

No wonder why a band hates this show. They exposing something for money and fame. Gen glanced at me, ngumisi ako at tumingin sa host. She seems unbothered.

“What if we are?” tanong ko sa kanya. Her smile fades away. I watched their reactions. Nawala ang kanilang galak.

“So you are saying that the rumors were true?” agad niyang tanong.

“Yes. We had dinner, a friendly dinner by the way. People might misunderstand it again..” I chuckled. The host laughed awkwardly. Tumingin ako kay Stefan na tahimik lang.