29 | The First Damsel In Distress

Peter arrived to the Brooklyn Bridge shortly after he saw the news coverage from local helicopters. Having used military grade explosives to destroy either side of the bridge, multiple civilians were trapped inside their cars as a new group of villains escaped via their own convenient helicopter. He barely saw any of their faces before he got to an unstable bridge falling apart at the seams.

Peter of course saved each and every person, using his webs to construct his own bridge connecting the broken fragments of bridge to the mainland. The webs stretched dangerously as pieces of the road cracked and fell down to the water below them but he escorted everyone across, quickly but carefully as the webs couldn't hold such a tremendous weight.

After city police cordoned off each side of the now destroyed bridge, they promised him that they would find the villains who destroyed the bridge and find out their motive. Peter thanked them and swung his way back to his Queens apartment where he had left Y/N.

Watching Peter's every move on the new broadcast, Y/N laid in Peter's bed on her phone, smiling in relief that not only had he saved the day but stayed alive. Answering the knock at the door she squealed to wrap her arms around Peter, but was met face to face with a group of men unknown to her.

Before she knew it she had a dark cloth pulled over her head and her arms held behind her back, tied with harsh zip ties as they carried her away from Aunt May's apartment.

Sliding his bedroom window open quietly with his hands and holding the blinds up with his foot, Peter tried to enter his room as quietly as possible. He did so perfectly, lowering the window to come face to face to an empty bed. He frowned, assuming Y/N had potentially wandered around his and May's apartment and fallen asleep on the couch.

Much to Peters surprise, there was an empty couch. An empty bed. An empty apartment?

PETER
Did you head back to
college? I'm back :)

PETER
And I'm alive :)

PETER
Where are you??

Moments passed where Peter sat in his living room alone, staring at his phone awaiting a response. He texted MJ to see if Y/N had gone back to college, yet MJ's 'downwards thumb' reaction to his message only evoked more fear.

And then his phone rang with an incoming FaceTime call; Y/N. Thank god.

"Hey! Where are y- Oh you're not Y/N," Peter said swallowing his words at the large masked man holding Y/N's phone and a hooded Y/N tied to a chair behind him in frame.

"Well look what we have here... The mysterious Spider-Man is nothing but a boy in love... Oh how much easier this will be for us. Give us your suit and we will let her go," he said smugly.

"What? No, Tony Stark made this suit for me it wouldn't even work if you tried to wear it. I'm not giving it to you. Plus he will be really annoyed you kidnapped his daughter so unless you want him at your door too I suggest you let her go anyway," Peter said casually, not understanding the severity of the situation.

"Stark has a daughter? Okay, tell him to bring us ten million dollars in the next hour and we let the girl go. If you're even one minute late, we expose your identity. We will text this number with coordinates," he said bluntly before hanging up.

Short and unsweet. How efficient.

Peter knew the number one rule in all action movies: never negotiate with terrorists. But normal terrorists didn't kidnap the girl America loved right? Peter started to hyperventilate and pace around his apartment, not knowing what to do until he got the coordinates texted to him. He definitely didn't have ten million dollars to his name and he definitely knew he had to save Y/N or else.

Peter received the coordinates and started to think about his game plan. The coordinates were in East Harlem, an industrial area. Plus... Who had ten million dollars to spare? Stark.

Putting his suit back on, he asked his AI system Karen to call Tony as he swung towards Harlem.

"Mr. Stark the guys who blew up the bridge have kidnapped Y/N and I don't know what to do because they want ten million dollars from you," he said out of breath, talking quicker than he had ever talked before.

"Okay, okay, okay. Just stay calm Peter, this will be fine. I'll fly in my suit to wherever Karen is directing you. What did they say they were going to do if you didn't bring them the money?" Tony asked, holding his phone out as he ran downstairs to his garage.

"I didn't ask," Peter said nervously.

"Who are they at least?" Tony asked again, getting into his suit and reconnecting the call to Karen via Jarvis. Flying out of his home, he calculated the distance to Peter.

"I don't know, I didn't ask them," Peter said perching on the roof of a nearby building to wait for Stark.

"Did you learn anything about them? Jesus, okay I'm thirty eight seconds away from you," Tony said sighing.

"Did you bring ten million dollars?" Peter asked quietly.

"What? No of course not. My daughter is worth a lot more than ten million dollars, plus we don't negotiate with terrorists. Do you not watch any movies?" Tony said landing next to Peter and retracting his mask.

"Oh yeah, one more thing... They uh... They know who I am and they also maybe know that Y/N is your daughter..." Peter said wincing, scared of Tony being angry at him.

He was. Immensely.

"We go in, we take them all out and we make sure nothing touches Y/N okay kid?" Tony said calmly, bluntly and almost kindly.

Smashing through the glass skylight they both landed surrounded by men with guns. For Peter, he was scared. For Tony in a bulletproof suit, he was composed.

"You bring the cash?" One of the men said, causing Tony to laugh at the bunch of innocent street thugs who had freaked Peter out. He was almost skeptical at the situation they were in, about eight men in a warehouse with a hostage asking for money. And all they had were guns?

"Of course I didn't, god kiddo next time don't get all hot and bothered over a few guys with stolen guns," Tony said effortlessly fighting them off as Peter untied Y/N and swung her up to the roof.

"Stay here," he said leaving her alone again, jumping through the skylight to see Tony had taken them all down with ease.

"Kid this was easy," Tony scoffed, walking up to their supposed leader and kicking him gently.

"You did the Brooklyn Bridge attack all just to be defeated in like what, two minutes?" Tony said chuckling.

"This was just a ruse to try and kill Spider-Man and Iron Man," the man said pulling open his jacket to expose more explosives attached to his chest, and a countdown for twenty seconds. Scattered around the warehouse were dozens of explosive all now lit up with similar red lights, rigging the entire place to explode.

"The girl wasn't part of the plan at all, we just saw the kid swinging through the city with her... Long live the revolution," he stuttered, looking down at the explosives which had eight seconds left, smiling as Tony flew up through the skylight with Peter, grabbing Y/N on the way and flying the three of them away from the warehouse which promptly exploded before their eyes.

"Are you okay?" Tony asked Y/N, uncomfortable by the group hug that was happening in the air.

"Yeah but what's the revolution? They said this was only the beginning to rid the world of heroes..." Y/N said, staring at the bright ball of flames engulfing the building.

"I-I don't know but I don't like the sound of it..." Tony muttered, looking at Peter in fear.

"They kept calling me Stark's daughter in there, what's that all about?" She said turning to the two men who refused to look at her. Tony was still holding both of them firmly pressed against his metal suit.

"Guys? Why did they keep calling me that?" She asked again.

"Y/N, can we talk about this later? I need to get you two safe. Stay at my house tonight and we can discuss everything. And you're both flying with me, I don't trust Peter swinging you through New York anymore," Tony sighed.