Chapter 1: Doubt

Author's Note: FINALLY the rewrite is here! I'm so glad I got to publish the first chap after almost 4 months since I announced about it. Procrastination has been getting me down, as always. Man istg 2021 was the year I was less productive on Wattpad hhh- But moving onto the fic, you could notice the fanfic's name has changed; Before it was "Unexpected Love", but now is "Blue and Green Spells Love". I just thought this name was creative and it's way less cliche if you compare to the previous one (Special Shout-out to @/TobyDutchie99 for the fic's new name. Tysm dude. <3).

Even though it's a rewrite, the fic will still maintain some aspects. For instance, the story still takes over 3 weeks before "A Date To Remember" from "My TTTE stories" book, and it happens around Summer (Since the first old chap was released in July). So this might explain if you take notice of some "inconsistency", like some engines still being single. It's not an error actually, it's just a matter of continuity.

Pairings: Eventual Henry/Gordon. Platonic Henry & Edward, subtle Edward/James; One-sided crush on James' side, and other possible side couples.

An important reminder: Please, don't leave comments about Henry and Gordon being related! Even if Henry was initially built as one Pacific prototype just like Gordon, it was never confirmed, nor mentioned, that they had a family connection throughout both the RWS books and the TV show. If you see, or maybe headcanon them as half-brothers, brothers, or cousins, I respect you, but please do not threaten and/or attack me for shipping them as a couple!

To finish off, although I hate my old version of the fic to an extent, I appreciate the positive comments and votes that you left on it. On both two chaps, though I deleted one of them. I'm happy to know that even if it wasn't so good, you guys seemed to appreciate it a lot. I rlly hope the wait for the rewrite was worth it, and that it can be as good, or better than the original.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trees' leaves rustled in the wind, falling one by one into the fresh breeze. It was pleasantly warm out today, and most engines were either puffing around to finish their jobs or simply resting at the woods to enjoy the weather. People alike were having picnick in the open air and ecstatic children were running through the fields to have some fun.

Summer had come earlier this year, and it was the season when the railway was more bound to be busy. Passenger trains and buses were more crowded than usual, traveling from Sodor to the Mainland and vice-versa to take their passengers to their desired destinations. And once it was done, the engines would simply head off to their sheds at the late hours of the day, mostly when the sun is setting or when the moon is slowly starting to peek on clear nights.

Gordon watched as the passengers said goodbye to their closest ones before going on board his Express. Sir Topham Hatt had given him the task of picking up some passengers at Knapford Station and take them to London for tourism purposes, since today's weather was perfect for such activities. He gladly accepted. It's been a while since he last pulled the Wild Nor' Wester there, and the fact that he could go there after decades really cheered him up.

Letting his eyes wander, he looked over to his side to see a crowded platform, but empty tracks, lacking one engine. Rebecca was absent for the day as she was busy at the Mainland, so he had to the take the train all by himself. Not that Gordon was complaining; He liked when Rebecca was a helping hand to him, but he also enjoyed when he had to take the train on his own, like the good old days.

He momentarily gazed up at the station's clock, which read 10:35 a.m. The train was about to leave at 5 minutes, but those remaining minutes felt like an eternity to someone who was anxious. Sighing heavily, Gordon wheeshed some steam in frustration, his eyes yet locked at the device. Could this moment get any worse?