Chapter 2: Talk

Author's Note: Chapter 2 is finally up guys! Sorry for taking so long with it though, personal and online problems were getting in the way and they kinda delayed me with the chapter's writing, plus, procrastination kicking in again! I don't have to explain what's gonna happen on the chap, given the somewhat flashy title. But if you wanna know, read and see how it goes!

But putting this aside, I'd like to thank everyone for the votes and positive comments on the previous chap! It means a lot to me and I'm glad to know that the effort that I put on it was worth it. I'm still kinda out of touch with writing bc of the huge writer's block I had earlier this year so apologies if this chapter comes out worse written than the previous one. But yet, I hope you guys enjoy! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Henry felt a chill travel through his boiler as he puffed along the town of Vicarstown. The bright mid-afternoon sun's rays reflected against him, decorating his green livery. Having finished his jobs, Henry was on his daily breaktime and was out to do what he loved the most. Which usually, would be resting at his forest. Under the bright sunshine, either enjoying the warmth of the sun or watching people make wishes on the Sodor Wishing Tree. However, the newly discovered feelings wouldn't make those hobbies just as pleasant.

Sighing quietly, Henry raised his gaze from his buffers and looked around. The path he was puffing through was easy on the eye, with the trees sprouting and the flowers showing off their beauty. Yet those pleasant features weren't much to Henry's satisfaction. As every kind of distraction he had found on his free time, was to no avail whatsoever. No matter what Henry did, his mind still set on the Express engine who he crushed on.

Snorting in annoyance, Henry returned his gaze to the front and picked up pace, once an idea just seeped in to his thoughts. At this point his pistons started to ache as he's been putting effort on his wheels since earlier today, but he was too flustered to care.

The green engine suddenly snapped out of it upon taking sight of a red signal. Blinking twice to adjust his gaze, he applied his brakes and came to a halt, ounces of steam released from his cylinders.

Edward was on the tracks beside him, also waiting for the signal to open as he had to take a goods train to his station. "Well hello there, Henry." He greeted, wearing his casual friendly smile. "How are you doing?"

"Fine, I guess...." replied Henry nonchalantly, his expression somewhat neutral. "I'm just still trying to process all of this, you know." He pointed out.

Edward immediately caught on what he meant. "Oh I understand. Also, where are you going?" He questioned curiously.

"Mainland. Sir Topham Hatt wanted me to get some passengers there." Henry pointed out as he looked up at the signal, making up a lie.

Edward cocked one eyebrow, sensing something was off. "But there's already plenty of engines at the Mainland to do that! And baring in mind Sir Topham Hatt sent Rebecca to help, I don't think the country is accepting more engines to pull passengers trains." He averred. "So why exactly you're going?"

Henry bit his lower lip, releasing a little more steam. Right, Edward knew when someone was lying. His mind was so fogged by all those feelings he forgot about that little detail. "Alright. You got me." He said, taking a deep breath. "I wanted to look for Gordon."

Edward sighed softly, smacking his lips a bit as he stared at Henry. "Why exactly?..." He asked.

"I...I don't know..." responded Henry, looking away as he blushed. "I'm just having that sudden urge to see him for some reason, is that normal?" He asked.

"For someone who's lovestruck, yes." hummed Edward, watching the green engine stare at him. "But if those urges and feelings bother you a lot more, you can talk to me about it." He assured.