Chapter 14: Nathan's POV

Nathan 

Remember when I said it takes a lot to provoke me on the ice?

Somehow Max Thorton did it in less than 3 seconds.

We were up by one against the Canucks. Dominating in the Vancouver zone. Until Thorton's blue line slapshot when bar down tying the game up 2-2. To top off his goal?

He blew a kiss to Mia and pointed at her.

He blew a kiss right to my fiancé in front of the whole fucking arena.

Mia's response? A middle finger right back at him. I'm not even mad they showed her flipping him off on the big screen.

I guess my "punishment" of giving her a nice hickey last night, right on her neck for everyone to see, was pointless since people who don't know that we are together are going to think she's Thorton's girl. Hell. Fucking. No.

I am going to beat the shit out of him. I'm just waiting for the right moment.

And it seems like I'm about to get it. The puck gets dumped into the corner on the Canucks end and as Thorton skates to it full speed I get myself ready to check him into the board. I make sure I don't bend my knees too much because I'm just trying to piss him off, not get fined $5,000. He barely has time to pass the puck up the boards when I slam into him watching his body drop down to the ice.

Usually a player would skate away after they accomplish this part. Which I do attempt to do but Thorton moves his stick in front of my skates from his position down on the ice, tripping me forward before I can skate away. I don't even register the ref blowing his whistle as my hands move on their own accord. My gloves are dropped and I instantly straddle him, not giving him the opportunity to get on top of me. I use my one hand to fist his jersey, bringing his head off the ice just a bit, driving my other fist straight through his face watching his blood splatter, colouring the ice.

"You think you're so slick huh?" I punch him again as he chuckles.

"Reese, I love watching you get worked up over a piece of ass," another punch.

"She's not just some piece of ass, she's my wife, so watch your fucking mouth," I spit at him with another punch. I didn't even realize I called Mia my wife, it just came out so naturally and I mean she basically is. So he can fuck off and go back to his bunnies.

"I don't know what makes you think Mia would ever want your sorry ass Thorton. Leave. Punch. Her. Punch. Alone," With one final punch I feel myself finally being pulled off of him.

"He's not worth it Reese, let's go," Sully says to me as the refs escort me to the penalty box to serve my time. I don't even give a fuck. He clearly got the hint to leave her the fuck alone because he had nothing left to say when I was done rearranging his face. Useless piece of shit.

He was worth every sting to my knuckles for every blow I gave him. But watching the Canucks score while I'm sitting in the box making the score 3-2 with only 2 minutes left in the third. I know I let my team down. This team is my second family and I would never purposely try to let them down and lead them to losing. But Mia, she's what makes all this worth it. I would not be here playing if it wasn't for her, so I wasn't going to just standby as that asshole attempted to make a move on her. Fuck no.

I play my last shift after I'm out of the box. When the final buzzer goes I make my way off the ice to the locker room where coach will probably be waiting to give me shit. We all take a seat in designated areas and wait for coach to break the silence.

"I'm glad you all got to witness what happens when you mix your personal life with your game life," ouch, thanks coach. "Get home. Rest up. Practice in two days. And when I call suicides I better not hear any bitching," coach says walking out of the room. Not before he shoots me side glare silently making sure I understand this was unacceptable and it can never happen again.

With a long sigh I start to get changed and go shower before I head out to meet up with Mia so we can go back to the hotel. I walk out of the locker room stopping in my tracks when I see Thorton talking to Mia. Holy fuck this dude just does not give up. I quickly walk over their yanking Mia protectively tight to my chest.

"Relax Nate, Thornton actually came over here to apologize. Go on," She says trying to hold in her giggle. The blood on his face is all cleared, the broken nose I so kindly gave him seems to be put back into place. And he has a beautiful array of bruises forming on his face. What a beautiful sight.

"Right. Um...so I was just trying to say I'm sorry for what happened during the game and at the club the other night," he says awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"And?" This is why I love her. She knows this is making him so uncomfortable so she keeps pushing him. But can he hurry up with it or else I'm going to want to punch him again.

"And I never meant to come between you guys. Lover boy obviously can't handle a little fun," I thought this was supposed to be an apology?

"You purposely provoked him Thorton, obviously he wasn't going to take it lightly. But I accept your apology. I hope one day you find a girl that you would do anything for then you can see what lover boy over here feels like. Have a good season," she grabs my hand and pulls me away from him leading us out of the arena.

"I loved your artwork on his face, very Picasso," she says as she brings my hand that she's holding and wraps it around her shoulder.

"Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it myself. I wasn't going to let him get away with that. But I think he finally got the message loud and clear, even though it cost us the game," I tell her confidently knowing that our whole team is probably going to have to pay for my mistake. But a bigger mistake would be putting hockey before Mia. I know that if my career ended earlier than expected I would have Mia. But if I didn't have Mia I would feel empty and have nothing.

"So, is there any more tension that you need to release?" Post-game sex is hands down the best sex. Usually it's better coming off a win since I'm stuck on that high. But that fight with Thorton put me on a different kind of high that I will have no problem releasing as I'm balls deep inside Mia.

"Back seat or hotel room?" I question her seeing if she is as desperate as I am.

"Back seat," she says, giving me the answer I was hoping for.

"Well thank fuck for tinted windows," I tell her as I kiss her deeply before I unlock the car doors and basically throw both of us inside.

We get into the backseat and Mia goes right onto my lap sitting directly on my straining cock. She goes to pull her jersey off but I stop her wanting to take it off for her. I pull it off and my eyes widen at the sight in front of me.

"When the fuck did you buy this? I don't remember buying this for you?" Her perfect perky breasts are covered by a red lace bra that has these crystal straps crossing over each other sitting right above her cleavage.

"Rebecca took me shopping the other day and she didn't want to try things on by herself. So I just grabbed this to try on with her and thought you might like it after I saw it on me," I'll have to thank Rebecca for this because I'm literally about to bust before she even touches me.

"You thought right, I love it, you're so fucking georgous. I kind of don't want to take it off," I tell her honestly as I slightly move my hips upwards touching her core, letting her feel how hard she makes me.

"Mmm. Thought so," she mutters against my lips. "We have to be quick before people get suspicious."

Ten minutes later we leave the parking lot, each of us feeling very satisfied and content.

------ 

Vote and Comment!🏒