chpt 1

8:37pm
Location: home
October 3rd
2021

"tilt ya head back a bit, so I don't burn you", you say as steam clogs your view of Gaia's scalp.

"This shit feel nice fr. Mmm, I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep-" goosebumps visible on her neck and arms. 

Your phone buzzed in your pocket. Picking it up, you see it's from a private number. After the third dial you pick up. 

"Hii, is this y/n • l/n?" A lady with a soft spoken voice said on the other line. "Yes, this is she" • Gaia let out a lil chuckle because your code switch was so visible. You slapped her head and she winced, mouthing the words "fuck you" • "ah, lovely. We're calling to confirm your table for two reservation at binky's cafe tomorrow morning at 7:15am" • "yes, I confirm. okay, wonderful. Alright now, thank you! Have a nice night" • the phone cuts.

"Nigga, 7:15am??? We havin' breakfast.... At 7 FUCKING 15AM?" Gaia said, snapping her neck back. I know that shit hurt her neck since them braids still wet af and heavy.

"You get up for class that early so what's the issue?" You say challenging her glare with a smirk

"*mmcht.* You lucky I love you, bitch" she smacks her lips together getting up from her seat at the dining table. "My back ache's. nigga, where you going? let's watch some tv" • you said seeing Gaia make her way to her room. "Bet, I'm just getting my head scarf and bonnet." You laugh as she waddles to her room.

You and Gaia have been friends for a mere two years. You met at college and clicked on your first day of meeting each other. Since then, the both of you decided to live with each other at the beginning of the year. After high school you went m.i.a on everyone, because you wanted a new life where you could find real bonds with people and real friends. You got lucky when you met Gaia. I'd die bout this hoe, my first best friend • you thought to yourself as she leaned on your arm on the grey velvet couch.

Both of you catch up on Money Heist season 3 and doze off to sleep, too lazy to get up to go to your rooms.

Both alarms went off snapping you out of your slumber. Gaia grunted, "it's too fucking early. Gimme 5 more minutes" • "aight, but only 5 minutes more"

You've gotten so accustomed to waking up early that it's kind of enjoyable • heading to your shower in your ensuite, you hear birds chirping loudly • it's sunny, but still a bit cold, that means it's gonna be that nice warm weather later in the afternoon • you thought to yourself smiling.

Your flat isn't big, but it isn't small either. It's the perfect size.

Stepping on the cold tile bathroom floor sent shivers down your whole body. "Fuck, it's cold in here" • turning on the shower you feel relaxed as the cold water begins to warm. Stepping in, you stand there for a bit before washing yourself having imaginary conversations, with imaginary people about random shit, as usual. This is nice.

Hopping out the shower, you dry yourself off,  wrapping yourself with a red towel and walk into your bedroom, plopping yourself on your bed thinking about what you're gonna wear while you lotion yourself with your strawberry scented body butter.