Chapter Forty-Eight

Tokoyami stood with Hawks in his arms and rushed away from you and Dabi. The two of them made their way down the building and he took Hawks over to an ambulance. The situation on the ground had been nearly cleared as the rest of the top heroes arrived on the scene and dealt with the villains. They were towed away in handcuffs and tucked into the backs of armored vans to be taken away to Tartarus.

Twice's body lay limp and lifeless to your right. You stared at him with pain eating at your heart. He was such a kind man and he had been your friend when you were part of the league. Now he was dead...

You walked towards Dabi with your jaw clenched, furious with him. It flowed through you and the air around you pulsed with the emotion that radiated from your core. When you reached him, you crossed your arms over your chest and stared down at him on the ground. His turquoise eyes slowly peered up at you as he huffed out panting breaths, blood trickling from his mouth.

"Get. Up." You spat at him.

He flinched at your tone and put his hands up in defense. He gave you a nervous smile, seeing the fury in your gaze. A small chuckle escaped his lips, only adding fuel to the fire within you.

"Y/N! C-can we talk about this? You've got to understand," he whined. His eyes darted to the slumped body of Twice on the ground before coming back to your face. "L-look what he did to Jin! I had to get my revenge!"

You reach down and grab the front of his shirt, pulling him off the ground and bringing your face closer to his. His face fell, seeing the burning anger in your eyes.

"None of this would have happened if you had stayed with the plan," you snarled. "This is your fault, Touya. And now you have to live with that."

Closing your eyes, you focused all the pain and fear you'd felt seeing Keigo's body lying on the ground like that. Your cupped his face and let it all flow into Touya's body. He gasped at the sudden jolt of pain rushing into him. When you opened your eyes, his blue eyes were glazed over in terror and he was staring out with a blank expression.

You shook your head and let go of his shirt. He fell to the ground and held himself up with his hand against the dusty broken-up floor. A sob escaped his chest as he stared at the ground, feeling every ounce of pain and fear you had pumped into him. His head snapped up to watch you slowly walking away from him, eyes still glazed over. A flaming figure appeared in the sky and landed ahead of you.

"He's all yours," you mumbled and motioned behind you with a jerk of your thumb.

Touya's eyes widened before his face twisted into a scowl. Endeavor walked towards him, a pained expression painting his face. He clapped quirk canceling handcuffs onto Dabi's wrists and hauled him up from the ground. The villain screamed and spat insults at his father as the hero escorted him through the rubble of the building down to the prison vans.

You walked over to Jin's body lying on the ground and knelt beside him. A tear slipped from your eyes as you hung your head in sorrow. A soft whimper came from behind you and you turned slowly to see Toga hiding around a corner. You stood and turned to face her, more tears flowing from your eyes. She rushed to you and slammed into your chest, gripping you in a tight hug. She sobbed into your shoulder as you held onto her. You stroked the back of her head, squeezing your eyes shut at the pain and heartache that bleed into you from her body.

"Y/N...he's gone. Why Jin? Why did it have to be him?" Her voice broke as she cried.

You squeezed her tightly against your chest and sighed. "I know, honey. I'm so sorry," you whispered into her hair.

Toga pulled back from your embrace slowly and peered over your shoulder at his body lying on the ground. She walked over and fell to her knees beside him. Another figure emerged from the back of the crumbling building and stepped up beside her. Spinner patted her on the shoulder before bending to pick up Twice's body from the ground. He nodded at you solemnly before motioning for Toga to follow him away. You let them leave, knowing they would give him a proper burial once they found a safe space to lay him to rest.