2) I promise i will kill you.

He ran towards those bullets as though a whole universe awaited him beyond.

Even after that first attempt he insisted i should take the money and run, he didn't expect me to stick around and figure out his problems, dazai fascinated me though the moment that bullet fell to the floor i found myself asking a hundred questions.

How long had he been like this?
His whole life.

How long was that?
Dazai claimed that he had stopped counting after year 709.

Then i came to the question that probably mattered the most.

Why did he want to die?
"Mine has been a life of much shame. I can't even guess myself what it must be to live a life of a human being,When you've lived as long as i have, seen the things that I've seen, witnessed the deaths of thousands kingdoms and nations rise and fall everything and i mean everything becomes meaningless, you're powerless, you lose every thing that means being human, death is the only thing you have any control over any more and with that gone what can you accomplish in life"

He told me about how he had seen children die more times than i can count. About events in history that no person living could ever get correctly.

I discovered as we connected that i was developing a liking for this man. He was the one thing in the world that was an anomaly, a window into the soul of humanity.
So i made him a promise, i would help him die.

We started small,
I bought a few firecrackers and had him try to set them off directly in his face, he wasn't even mildly burnt.
Then we moved to the tub, i had him undress and start the water, then I brought in the toaster, i made certain that the water was almost completely covering his body before dropping it in,
He came out of the tub a few minutes later.

This went on for almost the next five weeks each day a different test.

Car accident, Nothing.
Jumping from a building, nothing.
Using the most powerful abilities, nothing. Stabbing him in the face ,the eyes , again it seemed pointless.
At one point i got him to drink poison and he acted a little sick.

Words:387