4

"Well, I don't think we should be worried about her that much," Nat said as the all sat in the meeting room without Calli nor Peter. "We know what's the only thing she cares about and we promised to keep him safe."

"Plus I get a feeling that they hate each other," Tony added since Calli nor Loki have shown a sign of life ever since she went to her room.

"Loki doesn't hate her," Thor explained as he paced around the room. "He's disgusted by her because she's the one thing he's hated about himself ever since he found out. It's not her fault."

"Okay, but let's not go that off of the main topic," Steve started as he wrote on a notepad. "What is this other power you saw she had?" He asked Thor.

"Her voice," Thor answered. "In Greek Mythology, Calliope was the Muse of Epic poetry basically the wisest so every person listened to her. She was the strongest and most eloquent of all the Muses making her the most powerful."

"So we're dealing with more gods, great," Clint commented sarcastically as he crossed his arms. "No offense," he said to Thor.

"So she can control people with just her voice, not her mind?" Steve asked.

"That begs the question," Nat asked and everyone looked at her as she sat back, "why hasn't she done that to us?"

"We're no threat to her," Thor answered. "She's not evil, she's a good person. But I think this sudden reveal of power is because she's growing stronger."

"That's comforting," Tony said with a poker face.

"Well, we'll help her," Steve stated, "like we promised her."

–/–
Loki sat upright on his chair, cursing to his own hand and how it revealed what he was trying to stow away. Of course, he's smart, he know that she was not just an average Jotun, she was much more powerful than that.

"That girl," Loki said as he stood up, "is not just a giant." He started pacing. "It wasn't mind control, it was something of her voice that made me give in so foolishly easy."

In that instant, his rage turned into what he's always been up to; mischief. He could use her to get out of here easily, just a little bit of persuasion and he's got this.

Yet, if only he knew that she wasn't as fooling as he thought.

Calli was looking at the ceiling as she laid on the full-sized bed she was given. Every thought was running through her like a train losing control yet she stayed completely. She was already used to her mind losing track like that, or so to speak, so she didn't care yet this time something made her skin crawl in annoyance.

And it was all because of Loki, Thor's "brother".

She knows about him and the grand life he live ld in Asgard yet he wanted to throw that away by destroying Jotünheim and betraying his family. She could sense Thor's pain when she was in there, it smelled of a misty morning in the forest; musky and damp. She sat up on her bed since those emotions were the ones that hit her harder.

"Calliope?" Thor's deep voice could be heard from the other side making Calli look at it annoyed.

"Don't use my full name. Calli is just fine," Calli yelled back as she stood up. "Jarvis, open the door."

Thor's figure was weary and his face was full of guilt. Calli knew she was going to apologize on behalf of his brother but she didn't want to hear it.

"No apologies," Calli warned and Thor dropped his shoulders in defeat. "It's not your fault he's an asshole."

"I know, but he's always been my brother," Thor answered and stepped into the room slowly. "I think he became worse when our mother passed." Calli looked at him quizzically since she believed that that man hated his entire family. "She was the only one that could make him see with reason, but she was killed and that unhinged him completely."

"It's uncanny," Calli said and looked up at Thor who stood in front of her. "He despises me yet we're so alike."

"Do you despise him?"

"He pissed me off, I can tell you that. I know all about him and you. It made me mad how ungrateful he was yet I do feel for him. His rage is so intense it affects me." Tears formed in Calli's eyes since Thor's pain and Loki's rage were making her blood run thick. "I need to see him alone."

"I highly disagree," Thor started, looking shocked. "You don't know what he's capable of."

"Do you know what I'm capable of?" Calli questioned and Thor just stood there. "I am not using my powers against all of you because I know you mean well, I used it against him because he's dangerous. Please, trust me."

Thor paced in front of her, analyzing every word and comparing it to what he discussed with the Avengers earlier. He was torn because he knew his brother was a lost cause but it made his hope rise to see if the Muse of Good can do something.

"Okay," Thor answered and looked at Calli. "Not today though. It's late and everyone has to be in their rooms already."

"I understand. Whenever it is possible just tell me." Calli gave him a small smile and he returned it.

"Well, I bid farewell, Lady Lark," Thor bowed his head and started walking towards the open door. "Do you need anything?"

"Just rest," Calli answered and sat back on her bed. "Good night, Thor."

"Good night." And with that, Thor left, leaving Calli with her own thoughts.

Calli's life was always hiding herself, she was still mad at herself for revealing herself so easily. She looked at her hands, tears streaming down her face. She was still so confused about how fast everything happened so fast, she regrets immensely putting her brother in harms way but she's relieved he was okay. She wants to run away but she cant, because to herself, she's the thing she feared the most.

 She wants to run away but she cant, because to herself, she's the thing she feared the most