𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒:𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒

CHAPTER THREE: WELCOME HOME

'An apology is also an admission of guilt'

Melody was exhausted. She had just been on an eight-hour flight with the constant chattering of her sister who was facetiming one of her friends.

She was seated quite far from her sister, precisely the other side of the private plane and no matter what, she couldn't get to sleep.

Her father and Sebastian were often visiting the bar on the plane, a whiskey sitting in both of their hands. They were much quieter than Penelope's constant giggling.

All she wanted to do was sleep.

But as she walked into her house, it seemed god was not on her side.

"WELCOME HOME!"

The girl flinched back, her eyes widening at the sight in front of her. All her father's friends were gathered around underneath a large, dangling sign, reading the same as what they shouted.

Anthony Mackie was at the front, his arms spread wide for the youngest Flores. Melody gave a tired smile as she walked into his arms, the hug lasting a few seconds.

"Ahhh, I've missed you, kiddo." He spoke, swaying with the girl in his arms before tugging away, "Come look what cake I've got you!"

Melody grumbled underneath her breath about the nickname he had given to her. But nevertheless, she allowed the man to grasp her wrist, pulling her to the cake which was situated on the kitchen counter.

Looking at it, Melody allowed a bright smile to break out onto her face.

"Red velvetttttt." Anthony sang, his eyes lighting up the way hers was as he saw the look on her face.

Turning her body towards the man, she dropped her bags to the floor, throwing herself at him. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she nuzzled her head into his neck, her smile widening as he hugged her back.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She mumbled into his skin, tears pricking at her eyes at the realisation that someone had done something for her once more.

"Hey, it's just a cake." Anthony held his hands up, chuckling at the girl who nodded backing away from him, "Now go get yourself into some pj's and we can watch Cinderella together again."

Melody laughed at the man, nodding as she bent down and gripped her bags once more. Turning away from the man, she muttered, "Lemme borrow twenty dollars."

Anthony let out a belly laugh, watching as the girl climbed up the stairs, moving to her room only tearing his eyes off of her when Sebastian made his way over.

"Hey, seabass." Mackie spoke, bringing the man in for a hug. Smiles crept on both men's faces as they embraced, missing each other even though they'd been apart a couple of days.

"Hey, man," Sebastian sighed out causing the man to raise an eyebrow, "You think Dan treats her different?"

Anthony's eyes grew wide with the suddenness of the question, his eyes glancing towards Penelope who was giggling at something Chris had said.

"You only just realising it now?" Anthony grumbled, folding his arms against his chest, he stared towards the man who simply shrugged, "That's why I bring things Mel likes whenever I come 'round."

Sebastian hummed in response, his gaze resting on Dan as he began to move people into his living room, a large smile on his face as they began speaking about the football game on tonight.