𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒:𝑏𝑖𝑔𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑠

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE : BIG STEPS

'If you can't take a huge step to begin with, take as big a step as you can.'

Melody wept as she gripped the cold porcelain beneath her hands, constant streams of sick slipping from her cracked lips.

"Mel?" Sebastian voiced out softly, knocking against the door as he listened to her cry. She ignored him, bringing one hand to her mouth again where she stuck three fingers into it, forcing herself to be sick. Dry heaves followed until finally a watery substance slipped over her fingers making her yank her hand back when the stream of pills followed, splashing into the bottom of the toilet.

The banging of the door against its hinges started again, Sebastian's voice growing into shouts, begging her to open the door, to help her. But she could just continue making herself throw up all the things she had consumed until finally, the feeling was just dry heaving and nothing was coming back up.

Slumping backwards, Melody jumped at the feeling of arms snaking around her and her body being tugged onto the man behind her.

"You're okay." Sebastian whispered to her, pressing his lips to the side of her head, rocking her slightly as he wiped his thumb against the side of her lips before wiping his hand on his trousers, "I got you. You're okay."

Melody let out a shaky breath, curling up slightly in the man's lap as he continued to slowly rock her, calming her slightly from the manic moment that had just taken place. Melody let the man lift her from his lap, watching lazily as he flushed the toilet and pick up the bottle of empty pills from the floor, his hand touching his lips as he read over the bottle.

"You got all of it out?" He asked as he tossed the bottle into the bin, crouching down in front of her. His fingers traced the side of her face, pushing her hair out of her face as she nodded at him. He nodded back, a small sigh falling from his lips as he leaned forwards, lacing his arms around her body and hoisting her from the floor.

The woman let her head slump against his chest as he carried her from the bathroom to his bedroom, not caring about any of the mess scattered across his floor as he got her to the bed, laying her down. He moved around the room after, Melody not taking notice as she shivered underneath the duvet she was pulling over her body.

Tears still fell down her face and small sniffles would sound but the ugly cry she had been doing was no longer visible on the girl. She didn't want to leave the man. The man who had brought her in at a time when she had no one to care for her.

Who cared. Who actually fucking cared for her. She couldn't leave that behind. Not without showing how much she had appreciated every single moment they had shared together.

"Are you okay?" Sebastian whispered as he kneeled next to the bed by the woman's face, placing a glass of water on the bedside table. Melody hummed, hiccuping slightly as she moved her arm so she was laying her head on it.

"What happened?" He whispered once more, his fingers gently tangling in her hair, brushing through the mess of curls carefully. His eyes searched hers for a moment, watching as they dropped shut slightly.

"I'm not going to get an interview anymore." She whispered back, wiping her eyes on the arm she was led on before sniffling, carrying on, "Michelle said some things about my.. about her and I just- I just fucking hate her so much."

Tears began to fall from her eyes once more causing Sebastian to lean forwards, pressing his lips to her cheeks before leaning his forehead against hers.

"Oh, Mel.." he whispers as she cried softly, curling up into herself as he cradled her slightly, letting his hand slip from her hair to brush down her side and across her back. For just a moment did the two of them stay in silence. Only until the girl began to weep once more.