Chapter 14

"Saburo, you buttcrack, you better be leading us to the right place," Suigetsu put his arm around the said man in an all too suspiciously friendly manner,

"Nah, he wouldn't be that stupid, would you, Saburo?" Naruto followed suit on the tremblings man other side.

"No..." Saburo answered quietly,

"Good man. Good man," Naruto patted his back making Saburo lurch forwards.

Sakura eyed the interaction suspiciously. She elbowed the Uchiha next to her,

"Did I miss something???"

"Nothing worth mentioning." He replied curtly.

"Ooookay," she decided not to push it, "how's, y'know, the thing," she asked under her breath,

"Fine."

The entire team walked in silence until Saburo stopped abruptly,

"We're here."

They stood before an empty, what-used-to-be a field, barren, save a few ruins of a warehouse foundation. It both stood out and blent in. The seemingly desolate area wasn't all that big and ever since Gato was killed and the Land of Waves began flourishing, there weren't really any abandoned places. On the other hand, the ruins were boring and wouldn't even spark a young child's curiosity: hidden in plain sight. Perfect hiding place.

Except. There was nowhere to hide anything.

From the things Saburo had told the team, the place he and Sasuke were held captive was a monster of a building, with a seemingly endless amount of rooms and hallways. Nothing a crumble of ruins could hide.

"What are you playing at Saburo? There's nothing here. Wait till I ge—" Suigetsu burst out,

"Genjutsu." Sasuke announced,

"What?! How do you know?" Naruto asked,

"I can feel it,"

"Are you high teme? You cant feel genjutsu."  Naruto deadpanned.

Sasuke had his brows knitted tighter than he would ever allow and a frown etched on his usually blank countenance,

"I can feel it because it was cast with my eyes,"

"Oh shittttttt" Suigetsu shrank behind Juggo.

Sakura gripped Sasuke's hand behind him and in front of her so no one saw but still, it was a gesture they were both secretly were thankful for.

"Release," Naruto held his hands together, "release. RELEASE. Release release release. Re. Lea. Se. REALEAASSEEE!!!!!!" Naruto panted with exhaustion, "Asshooleee, why isn't is working??" He whined.

"It's not that easy, dumbass." The Uchiha sighed, "I possessed my brother's Mangekyou. A Sharingan exceedingly stronger than anyone in our clan was even able to fathom. A genjutsu cast by those eyes won't be beat that easily."

"What are we supposed to do noooww??" Naruto slowly began to slump to the ground.

"Bastard, can't you think of something??" Suigetsu reappeared,

"Yeah it would be awful if we travelled all this way for nothing," Even Karin joined in,

"Tch, I need time to think." And so, the ravenette disappeared to god knows where in an eye-blink.

"Well that was informative," Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Lets go set up camp nearby. I don't think I can keep carrying my stuff," Karin suggested already making her way to the thicket of trees behind the ruins.