she forgets your anniversary - part two

Eunbi continued to toss and turn on the couch.

The sun is rising now. She can see the rays through the slight opening of the curtains.

She hasn't gotten any sleep. She can't stop thinking about you. Every time she closes her eyes, she can only see that look of complete disappointment in yours.

She feels too guilty and too sad to even try to sleep.

She sat up and opened the curtains the rest of the way to watch the sunrise.

She stayed up for a couple of hours, still and deep in thought.

It hit eight am and then an idea came to her mind.

She knew a way to make it up to you.

She jumped up from the sofa and into the kitchen.

She began to look around for the picnic basket and once she found it, she started to gather up some food and drinks.

It took her some time to get everything together but once she did, she rushed up the stairs to wake you up.

Thankfully, the door was unlocked already.

She walked inside and tiptoed over to you before placing her hand on your arm to shake you, hoping you'd wake up.

"I'm still mad at you, Eunbi. Go away." You grumbled and tried to roll over, only for her to stop you by gently taking your wrist into her grip.

"No, baby, please. Look, I know you're upset. You have every right to be. I'm upset with myself, too. But I planned out something special and it would mean everything to me if you'd come and see."

You sighed before nodding your head.

"Fine. Let me brush my teeth and get dressed."

"Okay." She smiled and watched you go into the bathroom.

She sat at the edge of the bed, patiently waiting for you.

Her eyes lit up when you walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later.

She got up and held her hand out for you to take.

You sighed before letting her take ahold of it. She intertwined your fingers and led you downstairs before letting your hand go so she could cover your eyes instead.

"Eunbi," you sighed in annoyance.

"I promise you'll love it. Trust me."

You didn't pull away, so she knew you weren't going to resist.

She led you to the backyard and took one last look around before she pulled her hands away without a word.

What you saw was so not what you expected.

But I'm the best way.

There was a blanket on the ground, a picnic basket full of foods and drinks that she made special.

And there was a little pullout photo album on the blanket, full of photos of you two over the time you've been together.

"I've been working on that for a while. I had it put away for... yesterday. I am truly sorry I forgot. But if you'll let me, I'll make it up to you today."

Your heart was melting. It was so sweet and so beautiful of her to do.

You put your arms around her for a hug, pulling her close.

She didn't hesitate to hug you back, holding you tight in her comforting embrace.

"You're forgiven." You said, staring up at her with a look of love in your eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled and then leaned in for a sweet kiss.

When she pulled away a few seconds later, she led you over to the blanket. She sat down next to you and dug into the basket, pulling out different foods and drinks.

It only made you fall even more in love with her.

You couldn't help but wonder what'd you done to deserve her, unaware that she was wondering the same thing; what she'd done so right to be lucky enough to call you hers.