she forgets your anniversary

You stared at the clock with tears in your eyes.

It's nearing midnight, the time now just twenty minutes away from your anniversary officially ending.

It's been a sad day for you, which is the opposite of what's expected when it comes to yours' and Eunbi's anniversary.

It's your second one and she promised you dinner at the most romantic spot in town.

She always goes all out for the day.

You got her a necklace with both of your initials in it. You anticipated this day, wanting it to be very special.

But four hours ago, you sat alone in that restaurant just waiting for her to show up.

But she never did.

You tried calling and texting her but it went straight to voicemail and your texts were never read by her.

People had stared at you, wondering why you were in such a romantic spot all on your own.

Eventually, you got tired of waiting. You left and came home, where you've sat all alone on the bed ever since.

You heard the front door close downstairs, snapping you out of your thoughts.

You didn't move or respond when she called your name. You continued to sit in silence, the disappointment you felt now turning into anger and annoyance.

"Y/N? Y/N, where are you, baby?"

You heard her feet padding along the hall as she approached your shared bedroom.

A few seconds later, she stood in the doorway. She sent you a tired smile as she walked inside the room. She came to your side and tried to kiss your temple, only for you to dodge her kiss.

"What's with you today?" She sighed.

"Are you serious, Eunbi?" You scoffed.

"You seem grumpy." She mumbled.

"Yeah, I wonder why! As if I don't have any right to be when you ruined my day... our day." You corrected, a lump appearing in your throat.

"Ruined your day? How? I wasn't even around."

"I know. That's why it's ruined."

She looked confused and you shook your head in disappointment.

"It's our second anniversary." You said quietly and she frowned.

"What? It can't be. I wouldn't forget that, y/n."

She came over and plugged her phone into the charger. It turned on and her eyes went wide when she saw what day it is.

"No..." she whispered in disbelief.

The room went silent. You refused to look at her but you could feel her eyes on you and hear her feet on the floor as she walked to you.

"Don't, Eunbi." You said, pulling away from her before she could even touch you.

"Since you realize it's our anniversary now, do you also realize you left me sitting alone at that restaurant all by myself for two hours as I waited for you?"

She let out a sad sigh.

"Have you happened to see the calls and texts from me?"

"I'm sorry, baby. I forgot to charge my phone last night. I arrived at practice this morning and saw it was dead, I didn't even think about it."

You scoffed again and she felt her heart shatter.

"It hurt to sit there all by myself and see all those people staring at me."

"I know." She whispered. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't good enough, Eunbi. Go sleep on the couch."

"No. I don't want to." She said, feeling the tears sting her eyes as she realized just how heartbroken you are.

She understands.

But she didn't realize it to this extent. You don't even want to be near her.

That was a painful realization.

"Fine. I'll sleep on the couch then." You grumbled and before she could beg you not to, you walked out of the bedroom, leaving her alone to think about everything.