Pure Chaos

"Wait for me, Froggy!" Big said and stumbled after Froggy and arrived at the spot. "You're trying to tell me something."

"Wow, what's this?" Big said and picked it up. "Sure is pretty. Somebody must have dropped it. Finders keepers, right, pal?"

"Uh... What's the matter, little buddy?" he asked when suddenly Froggy grew a tail. "Hey, am I seeing things? You're growing a tail!" Big said and leapt and ate the Chaos Emerald causing him to fall over.

Meanwhile Air Force One flew through the now-clearing skies. An aide, the GUN Commander, the President's Third Aide, Topaz, Rouge, Christina, and Mr. Stewart stood before the President.

"It's been six months, and I still don't understand. What happened when the Chaos Emeralds came together?" the president said.

"Sonic and her friends thought that Chaos Control would send them back to their home planet, but a piece of their planet was sent here instead." Aide said.

"Still, our citizens appear to be taking it all in stride, Mr. President. In fact, plans to turn Mystic Ruins into a world-famous tourist attraction is sure to be a great boost to the economy." Christina said.

"Maybe so, but one thing still has me worried: Dr. Eggman." the President said.

"I wouldn't worry about that, Mr. President. We've got intelligence teams all over the globe tracking his whereabouts. Plans are also underway to install a new network of surveillance satellites." P.T.A. said.

"Really?"

"Right. But no matter how you spin it, you still haven't managed to catch him." Rouge said.

"Rouge, please." Topaz said.

"It's true, isn't it? Who cares about agents and satellites? Why don't we all admit that he's just too smart for us?"

"Rouge is right. In all this time since Chaos Control happened, we haven't heard a peep out of him." the President said.

"Isn't it obvious? He's taking a little break to plot his next move."

"That must be it."

"I well understand your frustration, Mr. President. We won't let you down, sir." P.T.A. said.

"See that you don't." the President said. "Oh, and one more thing. How are Sonic and his little friends doing anyway?"

"Here, sir." Mr. Stewart said and stepped forward with photographs of Sonic's friends. "From these pictures, you can see they're all doing fine."

At the mansion's dining room Ella and Tanaka were serving breakfast to Chuck, Chris, Cream, and Cheese.

"Delectable as always. I don't know how you do it, Ella." Chuck said to her.

"And you never will. It's my secret recipe." she said as Tanaka offered toast to Cream and Cheese.

"Would you like some toast with your scrambled eggs, Miss Cream?" he asked.

"Yes, and some for Cheese." Cream said.

Cheese, who has been drinking juice, stopped drinking and accepted the toast. Chris giggled.

"I was wondering if you had to stay after school for anything special today." Chuck said.

"Not today, Grandpa. Why do you ask?" Chris asked.

"How would you like to come to Mystic Ruins with me? I've been meaning to test out a new aircraft model at Tails' workshop there and thought you might like to join me."

"Sorry, Grandpa, but I'm meeting my mom downtown after school. Isn't that right, Cream?"

"Yeah. It's true. She says she wants to show us something." Cream said.