Friends 'Til the End

"Sonic!" Chris said.

Suddenly, he grabbed Sonic's hand and took off running with her, far, far away. Everyone was shocked even more.  

"Chris!" Chuck shouted out but Chris kept running with Sonic as far as he could.  

"Chris!" Sonic said.  

With determination, Chris tightened his grip on her hand and she did the same. She ran faster, and was running ahead of him.  

"Sonic?" he said as his confusion vanished, and he too ran faster.  

Back at the gateway portal.  

"I hope that boy can come to his senses before it's too late." Chuck said.  

Then Tanaka and Topaz returned from their search.  

"Are they...?" Ella started but Tanaka shook his head.  

"We could not find him anywhere." he said and Nelson and Lindsey looked at each other in concern.  

"We'll never find him now without help. The police will have to set up a large-scale search." Topaz said and Tanaka looked at her sadly. "As you know, this is serious. We have to find them quickly."  

"Yes. We don't have much time to cause Chaos Control and send Sonic back. Soon, the melding of our two world will cause time to slow to a stop." Chuck said.  

"Chris..." Lindsey said worried so they hugged and she struggled not to cry.  

At Station Square morning came, Chris and Sonic walked by the train station.  

"What do we do now?" Chris asked. 

"I don't know." Sonic said.  

"Well, we can't go back home. Wait... Hey Sonic, look!" he said and spied a bicycle nearby.  

He was soon riding it, with Sonic sitting on the back of it behind him. A boy was getting the mail and milk, when he realized his bike was stolen.  

"Hey Mom, somebody took my old bike." he said.  

"Your father left it in the city. He thought somebody could use it." she said and he headed back into the house.  

Chris was soon riding through a rich neighborhood. He had earlier ditched his suit, now only wearing his red tie and salmon dress shirt.  

"How far should we go, Sonic?" he asked.  

"We can go as far as you want to, Chris." Sonic said.  

"Okay." he said determined and rode on, exerting his energy as he pedaled into the desert.  

Soon they were eating at a dinner.  

"We have to stop somewhere." Chris said.  

"I usually just keep running until I find someplace I like. The best trips are the ones you don't plan. Not knowing where you'll end up is part of the adventure." Sonic said.  

"You know... the world sure seems big when you can go anyplace..." he said as she downed her burger. "Are you sure there's no place you want to go to?" 

"I think I've already gone every place I want to go."

"Right. I forgot how much you like to travel. You probably ran across the whole planet already."

"That's why I'm happy to go wherever you say."  

"Okay." he said opened a map to a place called "Dolorado". "Well, let's see... The beach is definitely out... The desert's too hot..."