03

Chapter 3 | History Rhymes

- 2021 -

The meeting wasn't as long as Yoongi thought it would be. Everything went smoothly and he made sure to check all the fine-print just as his sister said. He thought that the day couldn't go any better.

There was a bounce in his step as he exited out of the elevator. Then his heart sank. Right near the elevator, Y/N was half on the floor with a strangely familiar man holding onto her as if she was the most precious person in the world. The sight in front of him was also very familiar, almost like he was having deja vu. 

"Nunim!"  "No... No!"

A voice rang in his head, causing Yoongi to grab his head. There was a pounding in his head as images began to go by like a film strip. More specifically it was all from his past life, during the Goryeo period. From Y/N and Yoongi finding Seokjin on the streets to Yoongi and Seokjin finding Y/N dead in her banished home. Every moment came back to him as he could feel a painful ache in his heart.

After all the images flashed in his mind, the pounding sensation disappeared from his head. He stood up a little straighter than his normal hunched posture.

"Hyungnim," Yoongi said strongly.

Seokjin turned his head to the voice he couldn't forget. The voice of the brother of his beloved.

"Yoongi-ah," Seokjin breathed.

Yoongi walked towards the two passed the crowd that ended up forming around Seokjin and Y/N. Some were there because they saw the young woman faint. Some were there because it was a very rare instance where they could see Seokjin up close.

Seokjin turned his attention back to Y/N, who was still unconscious in his arms. So similar to the day he lost her. Yoongi couldn't help but watch. Thoughts swirling in his head: how long had it been since Seokjin was able to hold Y/N in his arms again? How did he get his memory of his previous life? Was Y/N going to go through the same terrible fate as last time? Would he be able to save his sister in this life?

From far away, the sound of the ambulance could be heard, getting closer and closer. Then the crowd opened a pathway for the emergency workers that entered the building. Pushing a cart with them.

They checked the heartbeat of Y/N and put her on the cart. Yoongi didn't hesitate to follow after the paramedics.

"Hyungnim, I'll find a way to contact you," Yoongi promised before exiting the building keeping up with the paramedics that were taking care of his younger sister.

Seokjin rushed up to Sihyuk's office. So many questions were left in place. Without waiting, without knocking, Seokjin opened the door and walked up to Sihyuk. Confusion and anger in his eyes.

"What did you do?" Seokjin demanded.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sihyuk said with a playful spark in his eyes.

"Don't play that game with me," Seokjin rolled his eyes. "It's not going to work on me."

"What I don't understand-," Sihyuk said as he leaned back in his chair. "-is why you're so mad. Isn't this what you wanted? To hold her again? For you to actually have another chance?" Seokjin was quiet. His glare not leaving Sihyuk. "Think of it like this. You're finally getting rewarded for learning your lesson. But remember Seokjin, history may not repeat itself but it certainly does rhyme."

"I don't care if this is another chance," Seokjin sighed. "She deserves more than what you all have made her gone through."

"Exactly what I mean when history may not always repeat itself but it rhymes," Sihyuk said pointedly. "If you don't want her to go through all the pains of her first life, help her. You know what happened, you remember, then use that memory and knowledge of yours to good use. Give her the life you think she deserves. Whether it be with you or with someone else."