B*ITCH

Chapter 3

Can someone die from so much heartbreak? Because I think I am slowly dying. Like my body is weakening minute by minute... that every part of me is suddenly malfunctioning. I feel so lifeless. I don't even have asthma but I couldn't breathe easily right now.

As I was seating here, faking a smile, joining everyone's conversation from time to time, my thoughts are filled of regrets for being such a bitch to Duke a while ago. It took me all my power to act as cool and bubbly as possible. Because a non-bubbly Macy is not normal and people will surely notice it, especially Duke.

I may seem oblivious of him but the truth is that I am very conscious of every move he makes. So when I saw him got up from his seat and went out of the VIP room, my head immediately followed him, only to see from the glass wall of the room that he went to the entrance of the door to fetch Elle and Jackson who have just arrived.

As I saw the girl, displeasure came over me. Why is she here? Only models are supposed to be here. Jackson could pass off as a model, plus he's not a new to the gang anymore since his always around for he is Duke's best friend, so he is allowed to be here. But her? No offense but, she couldn't even passed off in an audition to be a model. 'Elle is your friend', my conscience reminded me. Guilt suddenly washed over.

So who ever said that Love can turn you into a monster you've never imagined yourself to be, surely knows what he is talking about. I know that Elle is just a friend to him but I also know that she has this tiny crush on the guy, and she is really vocal about it. Everyone knows it, even Duke. But it was cleared before in one of our trip that it was just but a crush on Elle's side and that Duke just saw her like a younger sister. Just a friendly crush, an admiration. But I still couldn't erase my doubts in my mind, since I was but a friend to him before too, and look what we have been doing these past couple of months.

I find myself getting out of the room and walking towards the bar, not waiting for the three of them to reach the room. They are still standing in the entrance, still talking, oblivious of my presence. I reached the bar and chose to sit in the darkest corner, hoping they would not find me here.

I just couldn't face Elle right now for my mind is in total chaos and that she has become a bad character on it. I am afraid that I could say things I shouldn't say. And so I opted to have a drink.

Since Duke and I had agreed to have this set-up, I had stopped drinking. I didn't need it anyway. He had after all become the remedy for my troubled heart. But right now, a drink is what I needed for my 'remedy' has become the very reason I need to forget.

20 minutes later and I could feel myself hype upped. "Another shot of tequila please, no no, make it two.." I laughed while ordering to Jake, the bartender.

"Are you sure Miss? You already consumed 10 shots of tequila already..." he said, scratching his head. "C'mon, don't worry I'm still not drunk. C'mon please give me that two shots and I'm out of your sight. hehehe!" I told him, still laughing.

After I finished that two shots of vodka, I decided to go back to the room our group is occupying. It is really always a good decision to have a drink to shoo the stress away. I went inside the room and everyone's attention is on me.

"Macy, where have you been?" Sue asked...

"We have been looking for you...." Rob continued..

"Chill guys, I'm not a child anymore. HAHAHA! I was just there in the bar..." I replied, "Oh Jackson, Elle, you're here....I missed you two..." I said and went to them and hugged them tightly.

"ooohh Macy, Have you've been drinking? You smell like tequila... are you drunk?" Elle asked when I let go from the hug. Yes bitch, and you are one of the reason why - I almost replied. Shit I mentally slap myself, reminding again that she is my friend. I guess 12 shots of tequila couldn't make the monster go away.