17: The Wedding

HOPE'S POV

Being back in town felt weird, all the bad energy I had avoided by leaving felt like it was surrounding me, consuming me again, the pain of loss reentering my bloodstream infecting every inch of me. But I'd endure anything to witness my sister happy. I haven't seen her so happy. 

When I arrived this morning I was expecting her to look stressed and overwhelmed. One, she's not a morning person. Two she's been dealing with Josie's mum for three whole intense weeks, and trust me I know she's been stressed she told me over the phone. I've talked her down from popping Caroline's head off her shoulders a few times. And Three this was a stressful day, she was getting married. A happy but stressful day. But she opened the door with a huge smile her perfect teeth on full display. She looked so energised, happiness was radiating off of her. I couldn't help but smile at her, the feelings I first felt as I entered the town melting away just by being in her proximity. 

She wrapped me in a tight hug before greeting Josie and inviting us inside. We went through to the parlour where the hair and make-up team were set up. Lizzie was already here she stayed over the night before with Luna. Josie and I couldn't make it yesterday... That's what I told her anyway. I just wanted to spend the least amount of time in this town as possible. There's too much bad blood here, I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

"Your robes are in the bathroom." My sister told Josie and me. "And drinks are in the kitchen," Lizzie told us holding her glass of champaign up. "I see you've had a few already," Josie tells her sister. Lizzie seemed fine to me, just a little merry. "She'll be fine by the time it comes to the actual wedding," Luna assured her. If she wasn't worried then we shouldn't be. 

I haven't even seen my sisters wedding dress yet. I missed the shopping experience because I couldn't handle being back here. If it wasn't her actual wedding I don't think I'd be here now. Though I think she'd understand if I didn't turn up today, she's that type of person. 

Josie and I settled in and I relaxed a little. I had good memories in this house. It was a happy place, where we had parties and sang until 4 in the morning. This wasn't a bad place, the town wasn't either. I had to separate the past from the present to be able to enjoy the day for my sister. 

"Are you nervous?" Josie asked her whilst we sat getting our make-up done. "What is there to be nervous about?" She asked nonchalant, adding a shrug. "You're getting married." "To a man I love." She added. "In front of 100 people." "Who are friends and family." She corrected. "You'll be married to Damon forever." "Kinda the plan yeah." She chuckled. "Would you not marry Hope?" She asked. "Yeah." "What's the difference then? You love Hope. I love Damon. We've been together for 7 years. We have a business together, we have a home. We spend most of our time together. There's nothing to be nervous about." "LUNA!" "Except your mum. Your mum makes me nervous." Luna said in a fake panicked tone that made the room giggle. "Have you seen your husband to be?" "You instructed us not to breathe in the same room so I'm gonna say no. No, I haven't seen him." Luna said. Caroline looked more concerned now. "He's not here?" Luna asked with a frown. "He's probably gone to pick something up," I say to calm her no growing nerves. "Ice maybe. Maybe they needed ice."  I added making up a reason for why he wasn't in the house an hour before the wedding. 

"It'll be fine," I assured her when she looked at me. "It'll be completely fine." "I lost the rings," Nik said coming into the room. "What?" Luna asked standing up. "I had them and now they're gone." "Nik those rings are important! They were blessed and, and it was mums! What have you done with them?" She was spiralling now. I didn't know how to fix this. "I had them in my pocket and I went out to help Stefan with the Old Gazebo that had you know went up in flames-" Caroline was signalling to Nik to shut the hell up but he clearly didn't know how to! "WHAT!" Luna shouted. "The Old Gazebo that has been standing for centuries lit up in flames! The one I'm getting married under?" Definitely spiralling. "And you lost mums ring. And Damon's not here. Okay." She took a deep breath before walking out of the room.