five.

CHAPTER FIVE
family reunion

Lucious

Lucious knew damn well Cookie hadn't just barged into his mansion uninvited. She also had some nerve talking to his kids as if she was their mother. She wasn't; she hadn't been for seventeen years, and she never would be.

He was also angry with Thirsty because he didn't have this shit handled, after all. "Thirsty, what the hell is she doing here? I thought you had it handled?!" Lucious said angrily.

"Oh, so you're hiring people to handle me, Lucious? You never could do your own dirty work, could you?" Cookie leaned forward and hissed. "Coward."

Lucious stood up and got in her face. "Get the hell out of my house."

Cookie put her finger in his face. "You better sit your old ass down before you break a hip."

"You better get your ratchet ass out before I get security!" he fired back.

"Oh, you mean the security that's knocked out outside?"

Lucious looked at her suspiciously. "What are you talking about?"

"Exactly what I said. He tried to stop me from seeing my kids, so I knocked his ass out. You're about to be next."

Lucious shook his head with a straight face. "You're lying."

Cookie looked over at Thirsty and he scratched his neck awkwardly. "She's...she's not lying."

Seriously? How did he get knocked out by a woman? What kind of weak ass security...whatever. Whenever he woke up, he was getting fired.

Lucious huffed and questioned his ex wife. "Why are you here, Cookie?"

"I didn't come here for you, so calm down. I came for my four beautiful children!" Cookie then went to each of them. She first went to Andre and hugged him tight. "Andre, you've gotten so big!" She then kissed Jamal's head. "Jamal, you're still so handsome!"

Then Cookie looked at their daughter, and she looked like she was about to cry. "Royalty, what a princess you've turned out to be! And Hakeem, my little prince! I missed you so much!" Cookie pinched his cheeks, but Hakeem smacked her hands away. Cookie gave him a shocked and hurt look.

"Don't touch me! You didn't touch me for seventeen years, so you don't get to touch me now!" Hakeem spat.

Jamal said, "Keem-"

"Don't Keem me, Jamal! Stop defending this deadbeat!"

Cookie smacked him so hard, he fell to the floor. Royalty gasped and rushed to Hakeem's aid as Lucious lashed out at Cookie. "Don't put your hands on my son! You crazy?!"

Cookie started hitting him next. "He's our son, Lucious! You really sat here and let him grow a hatred for me? How dare you?!"

Cookie kept hitting him while screaming, "how dare you!" Lucious grabbed her arms and threatened her. "You better calm down before I send your ass to jail for another seventeen years!"

"How dare you, Lucious?!"

Andre intervened. "Okay, Ma. Calm down. You're being hysterical. How about we go in the other room?"

"I'm not going anywhere, Andre! Going to the other room isn't going to make Hakeem like me!"

They all looked at Hakeem. He was holding his cheek while scowling at Cookie like no tomorrow. Cookie tried to apologize. "Baby, I'm so sorry. My anger got the best of me." She stepped towards him, but Hakeem backed away from her and looked at Lucious angrily.