Chapter 13: Bugging

Sorry guys for the late chapter, So I will try to post two chapters today. I've thought about the rest of the story a lot, and I think I've got the entire book planned out; Also planning on a sequel, details to be determined. School starts next week for me and I really don't want it to start but ah well. I hopefully can get one chapter out every week during school, but no promises. 

BTW, new character is coming up in the next chapter!

? POV

My family abandoned me as a baby. They threw me out onto the street, while I was crying. It had been about an hour or so when a shadow loomed over me. A man picked me up and put me in a car. He brought me to a building where a bunch of people were gathered.

After that I don't remember much. I suppose I fell asleep. I have been here ever since, in an organization which we call ourselves Croatoan. America should not be here. I was raised to hear. America belongs to the Spanish.

I always thought that America did belong to the Spanish. But now, I'm having second thoughts.

One part of me whispered,

Is this the right thing to do?

America belongs to the Spanish. Another voice said.

But does it though?

Is this the right thing to do?

I looked down at my hands.

What if I run?

How can I think such a thing? Betraying the only family I've ever known. They raised me, gave me a home, took care of me when my real parents didn't want me and threw me out on the street.

No. I will not leave the only family I have...

Wait...should I?

I laid down thinking.

Maybe going to sleep will help.

Ben POV:

We had to wake up at 5 in the morning so we could have time to bug all the lakes and have time to get some dinner before we start monitoring them. Which I couldn't see how we were going to do that, as there were about a hundred fifty bugs, and only eight of us.

Which means 18.75 bugs per person, which means 18 bugs per person and for some of us, 19.

After breakfast Catherine let us soak in the beautiful sunrise before we got started for a few moments. The view was breathtaking. She handed a bug for me to place and gestured to a leafless tree. "You can place out first bug Benjamin." she said. The bug was a smooth, small circular disc. I nodded and went placed it at the edge of a branch.

After that we all got in the car, we started a thumb wrestling tournament. I lost immediately.

Shortly after the 100th bug, I heard I whistling sound. I whirled around saying, "What was that?"

"I don't know..." Erica said, looking worried.

"I think it was just one of those bir-" Catherine started to say but then collapsed, unconscious.

"Catherine!" Yelled Alexander, running towards her. His eyes went wide. "Sleeping darts." he said, then collapsed too.

"TAKE COVER!" Erica exclaimed, before she fell too.

There was nowhere to hide. So I did the only thing I could do, I ran. But it was too late. My vision was blurring by the second, and my legs were wearing down. I turned around and saw that I was the last one standing, before I blacked out.