Chapter 2: Explained

Jewel Tone:
The sweet smell of mouth watering pancakes woke me up instantly. I perked up my ears and shoved over the blankets. The mornings rays hit my body.
"ech- Chandelier? Why did u open the blinds again? "
I said closing the white blinding light out of view.  I heard the low rattling of hoofsteps from down stairs. I trotted down the carpeted stairs down to the livingroom where the white unicorn layed with her freshly baked pancakes.

"morning sunshine. "
Chandelier said scoffing down another bite of buttercreme pancake.
"what time did u get home last night? "
I questioned her.
"only around 11. And thanks for setting my up with a wacko. "
She glared.
"what? I thought he looked nice. "
"uh-no.  He was cute but all he talked about was sex. " she shivered .
"ah.  I see. Sorry."
I rubbed my neck finishing the sentence .
"naw.its fine." she winked at me and then got up leaving her plate on the coffee table.
"This whole dating think is more of a 'jewel' thing. I don't really like the fact of dating guys I don't know too well. "
She grabbed the remote and sat down again.

I CANT argue with her. I date Alot of guys.  But I can keep my panties on which is good for me.

I watched as Bunny (chandelier's nickname) flip through the channels.
She passed up the news and my eyes widened.
"go back! " I yelped.
"what?  No." she looked at me funny.
"please!? I want to see the news."
I argued back not giving her a chance. I knew she will eventually go back.
She sighed.  And flipped the channel back to the news.
The blonde News pony was back on.
"recent reports initialed that the missing mare from lastnights report was abducted by the puppeteer " she said with the microphone close to her mouth.

"oh my god give me a break. " chandelier groaned in a annoying way. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her, our legs touching.

"Star write has been the next victim of this criminal. Police are trying everything they can to capture The masked murderer. If you have any details concerning the matter,Please report to the police immediately."

A picture of a pink pony with a Carmel Brown hair showed up in the right corner of the screen.  My gut dropped down to hell and back.
"it's star! "I screamed.
"I... Know " Bunny sighed. Her smile went into a sad frown.
We both sat in silence. We didn't know her too well. But she was in highschool with both of us.

Chandelier flicked off the television.
She stood up and stretched her arms out.
"that's enough T.V for one day."
I still frowned.
"it's gonna be okay Jewel. She will make it out. She's strong."
She smiled at me. But I could see through her pink eyes she wanted to cry.
"I'm gonna get ready to go to my classes at campus. I'll see you when I get home. "

I sat in silence. I watched Bunny grab the car keys. She put on her brown jacket and left through the front door. The cars engine roared through the living room. The crackling of the tire on the driveway slowly got quieter until she was gone. I grabbed my knees and pulled them close to my face and hugged them. I shoved my face into my thighs and sat their, which felt like hours.

Chandelier :

I continued writing down the blasted notes. The blue ink smeared across the paper from me gliding my hand over the fresh ink. A light tap came from my right shoulder and I looked over.
SwissRoll Smiled at me. I couldn't help but smiled back.
"so uhh. I heard about star... And I just wanted you to know that I know for a fact she'll be okay. She's strong and can get through it. "he whispered in a low voice.
He ran his hoof through his think black hair and looked at me again.
"how's Jewel taking it? " he whispered again.
I shrugged.
"Not very well. Me, Jewel, and star were best friends junior through senior year. I think it's really hitting her hard. She didnt look happy at all before I left. "
Swiss was still smiling, his positive attitude made me smile again.
"well tell her I said hi, and I'm sure it will be okay-"
"mrs.Chandelier and Mr.Roll is their something you would like to share with the class? "
The professor raised an eyebrow and glared at us.
My smile went away and so did Swiss's. 
"Now that we are done with the interruption, we will continue the unit. " he turned around back to the chalk board .

Swiss chuckled to himself and so did I.
"you always get me in trouble Swiss. "
I smirked  .
"I know" he gloated.