The Perks Of Being Beautiful

'When I die, I hope to be reborn as a beautiful girl.'

Or maybe...

********************

Telepathy sure was convenient.

'Touma, come over to my house.'

"Huh?"

Akechi sat on his bed, reading a mystery novel Saiki had recommended him when he thought he heard his voice in his head.

'Must've been my imagination...'

'It was not.'

"K-Kusuo-kun?" yelled Akechi, setting his book down.

'I'm speaking to you using telepathy and clairvoyance.'

"Ahhhhh! I can hear you but you're not here!"

'That's sorta the point.'

"Ahhhh!"

'Stop screaming; and you know I can see you flailing your arms around like that, right?'

Akechi's face flushed.

"You can? Goodness gracious, I never expected you to display your powers in such an intrusive manner, Kusuo-kun, but it's still strangely fascinating. What did you say originally? I'm afraid I've forgotten since my attention was diverted by my sudden scare."

'I said to come over to my house.'

Akechi smiled and clapped his hands.

"Aww, you're inviting me over? How sweet of you, Kusuo-kun! I'm delighted that you enjoy my company, although, I must say I find this a bit strange since you rarely invite me over on your own. It's usually I myself, forcing my way into your house and your heart, using either sweets or simple persistence."

'Don't make it sound so stupid. Just come over.'

"I'll be there as soon as possible! Oh dear, this is so sudden and out of the blue, but I know I'll enjoy it since it's more time we get to spend together!"

'I almost forgot; wear something nice.'

"Oho, do you have something special planned? I'm not sure what I can put together after rummaging through my closet so suddenly, but I'll arrange a decent outfit."

Akechi stood up and opened the door to his closet. He pulled out two shirts and held them out in the air.

"How's this, Kusuo-kun? I would like to wear one of these since my third possible option is an old shirt that was handed down to me by my grandfather and it's a bit itchy. Of course, if you prefer that one, I could push through the mild discomfort."

'Wear whatever you want; I don't want you to be uncomfortable, either.'

"Alright! Thank you for considering my comfort. It's very sweet of you."

...

"Kusuo-kun? Hello? Are you still there? Kusuo-kun-"

"Touma? Who are you talking to?"

He was talking to the air when his mother heard him. How embarrassing.

"N-No one, mother! I was reciting a line from Nokemono Kitarite!"

"Okay! Just checking!"

Akechi swore he could've heard Saiki laughing softly.

********************

Akechi knocked on the door.

'Guess he's here.'

Saiki opened the door to let Akechi inside.