A Surprise Visit

Luca's POV
The door banged open against the wall. I sighed in annoyance towards my brothers who strolled at my office like they own the place. While Sebastian wore a black suit, Adam on the other wore a white shirt with black jeans.

What a surprise.

"You fucking asshole! Valeria woke up and you didn't tell us," Sebastian said as he walked near my desk. I just gave him a blank look, knowing he wasn't done.

Adam nodded in agreement, looking at me like I was committing a gruesome crime. Oh Lord, why are they my brother?

"Hey!" they shouted in unison. I groaned and glared at them, only to receive a glare and a narrowed look from each of my brothers. This was the time that I knew that my day was going to be like hell. They wouldn't shut up.

"What do you want?" I muttered. They looked each other with disbelief written all over their faces. Before they could answer, I continued "If you're looking for Valeria, she isn't here."

"What do you mean she isn't here? I want to see my baby sister in law," Adam glared at me.

They would be more pissed when they knew that I had found another beloved. But, I wasn't going to deal with it right now. Not without Valeria by my side.

So I simply shrugged and told them, "You'll see."

〄〄〄

Damian's POV
Valeria was overthinking everything. And by the look of Theo's face, he realized it too. He kept giving me a knowing look and glanced at Valeria several times.

I knew that Valeria had some insecurities, and I'd like to blame her shit of a father for it. One day, Luca told me that Valeria was much more better than before. I couldn't imagine my beautiful beloved having a hard time accepting the beauty that she had.

Just the thought of it made me like someone stabbed me multiple times. But that information made me realize that I had to work slowly with Valeria.

Thank God, Luca is a psychologist. At least I have a reassurance that he is capable of taking care of Valeria.

"Damian," Valeria's voice snapped me from my train of thought. She tilted her head, probably wondering what I had in mind.

"I'm sorry, baby. What did you ask me?" I said while caressing her knuckle with my thumb.

"Do you... want to see my drawings?" she asked me timidly. I stared at her awestruck. For months she always avoided this topic. And now, she wanted me to see her drawings.

I was unbelievably happy.

"Of course I want to," I breathed. God, I love her so much.

I wish I could be more brave to tell them those words. But I had my own insecurity.

I was terrified of losing them. I knew that they loved me. However, I didn't want to feel the same pain that I felt when my parents died.

To actually saying that I loved them, for me it just sealed the deal. I couldn't imagine the immense pain that I would feel if one of them gone.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I squeeze Valeria's hand. She gave me reassurance smile, sensing my change of mood.

Damn it. Way to ruin the moment, Damian, I scolded myself. I should've control my emotions better than this.