08. pound town and explosions

no smut, sorry guys

y/n's pov

"I can't believe we're doing this!" Kate whisper-shouted as we stood in one of the many hallways of Shadyside High. "Seriously, we could get in a lot of trouble for this."

"You don't need to whisper, Kate." I told her. "There's no one else here."

"And we're not going to get into trouble." Josh said. "No one will know it was us."

Simon then came around the corner with the lost and found box and put it on the ground by our feet.

"Alright, we've got to decontaminate." Josh explained as we all picked out clothes from the box. "You can't have any of Sam's blood on you."

"Well, not much I can do about that." Sam sighed and started walking down the hall. Deena finished grabbing her clothes and ran after her.

"Deena!" Josh called. "You've got to get clean too! Not a single drop, okay?"

"Rub-a-dub-dub time." Simon grinned. He pushed the door to the boys bathroom open and nodded his head in a gesture for me to follow him. I nodded.

"Yeah, one sec." I turned to Josh. "Dude, go with Kate. Now's your chance!"

"Wha-"

"Bye." I waved and walked into the boys bathroom.

———

Simon and I were surprisingly the first ones to get changed and leave the bathroom. Especially considering... what happened.

We stood around, waiting until Kate and Josh both awkwardly left the girls bathroom.

"No!" Simon grinned.

"Calm down, it was barely first base." Kate reasoned but Josh had a huge smile on his face.

Deena and Sam both came down the hallway, standing very close to each other.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Did you... all go to pound town?" Simon asked, gesturing to the other four. A massive grin grew on his face as he slung his arm over my shoulder. I mentally face palmed, preparing for what was coming. "Us too."

———

"The trap is simple." Josh explained. "We set the bait, the killers go to the blood, then..."

"Smile you son of a bitch!" Simon said as we poured the last of the flammable liquid all over the bathroom floor.

Josh, Simon and I then took mops soaked in Sam's blood and started creating trails around the school leading to the bathroom.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." I muttered under my breath as I reached the gym.

"Y/N? Is that you?" A voice called out.

I turned around to see Josh with his own mop approaching me, but walking backwards.

"Yeah. Yeah it's me."

We finished off the trails then there was a bang, so we dropped the mops and I swear I saw some sort of dark shadow run past one of the doorways.

"Come on, Josh. Let's get back to the others."

"Yep. Good idea."