𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ!

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

It was the after-effects of Jungkook leaving that left Taehyung hurt most. The big, vacant void next to him whenever he would go to the park made him feel lonely, but then the dry, cold winter season made him feel even lonelier. Jungkook was his partner; his partner for life. That's what Taehyung has been living by ever since he met Jungkook, and that's what he spent most of his life believing. And so, when Jungkook suddenly left, it felt like his whole existence was a lie. A big fat fucking lie.

It made Taehyung want to blame Jungkook for leaving. It really did. But Taehyung knew that Jungkook didn't do anything wrong. He knew that he had to move because of his parent's job, and he knew that it was something inevitable. So what was he supposed to do? Beg and beg for Jungkook to come back? Implore and plead until his throat would burn, scream and cry until his lungs dry out?

No, no. He just had to wish for the best. Because that, was about all he could do right now.

And of course, poor Taehyung. His wish did not come true; because a wish, can and will, sometimes turn into one's biggest nightmares.

It was around 2 months after Jungkook's leave when things became a monstrosity.

- START OF FLASHBACK -

It was just like any other day at the Kim household. The house was busy; yet so peaceful and calm; so loving. "The perfect family", a name given to them by their neighboring friends, and they lived up to it daily.

Taehyung's parents were deeply in love with each other; without either one of them, they couldn't even withstand a full day. Taehyung was so loved by both parents, he was the bright sun of the family; radiating energy 24/7. He also loved his parents very much, so much respect and love Taehyung had for them.

As for now, Taehyung and his mom had just got in the car; they were on the way to the ice cream parlor.

"Mommy~! What flavour should I get today? Strawberry? Or strawberry milk? OO OO! Can I get a double scoop of ice cream cause I've been a good kid recently?" Taehyung questioned, his body perking up with excitement. A few minutes ago he had been jumping and grabbing on his mom's sleeve, begging to take him to the ice cream shop, and now, he was on his way there.

"Taehyung, remember, no jumping in the car! What if mommy accidentally becomes part of a car crash? We don't want that happening do we?" His mom reminds, smiling at her adorable son.

"No no! No car crash, right mommy?" Taehyung replies, making sure he was not jumping on the car. "Mhm, no car crash," His mom replies.

She parks the car across from the ice cream shop, and they got out of the car.

"You ready Taehyung? It's ice cream time~!" His mom says, and Taehyung responds with loud "yes" 's. They walk to the crosswalk and stop; the traffic light showed red.

"Now, tell me rule #1 when crossing the road Tae," his mom asks. "Rule #1 is to hold mommy's hand while crossing the road!" He instantly replies, beaming with happiness. "Good job baby~" The red light changed to green/blue and they started walking across the street.

Suddenly, we could hear subtle police sirens slowly sounding louder; and the air yelled chaos. We looked to where the sound was coming from, and instantly, we saw a car. And it was coming straight towards us. "No!" Taehyung's mom screamed, pushing Taehyung across the street; flying Taehyung towards the ice cream shop. "Mommy? Ow!" He landed straight on his face, leaving some scars on his beautiful pale skin.

Screams of terror filled the area as a car crashed straight into a woman. Police sirens and screams were the only things Taehyung could hear when he got the strength to stand up and look to where his mom had been. "Mommy? Mommy?!" He screamed, running straight towards the dead body lying next to the car. Her head was bleeding badly, and it seemed like she had already been knocked out of consciousness. "Mommy! Mommy! Wake up, WAKE UP!" Taehyung was now on his knees, carrying his mother's head in his lap, tears falling down on the parent's now lifeless skin. "WAKE UP MOMMY! WAKE UP!" His screams of agony were cut by the ambulance team that needed his mom taken to the hospital right away. "Sorry kid, your mom needs to go to the hospital right now, hop on the ambulance will you?" One of the people asked him.

W-what? Mommy? Come back! What happened... I know it's a bad dream! Please! Mommy!

𝐊𝐢𝐦 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠-𝐡𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡: 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗/𝟏𝟏/𝟐𝟒 𝟏𝟑:𝟐𝟕 𝐏𝐌

-   END OF FLASHBACK   -

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

✎ note: sorry if it was confusing, but basically its the story of how tae's mom died :( this part is very important to tae's character now, so please pay attention to it ;-;

goals: 30 views, 5 votes, 2 commments

reminder: if you feel like you are about to break; or feel as if you feel like you might fall apart anytime sooner, please give yourself a break. it doesn't matter how long, even just one hour. be yourself, and think about nothing <3

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭,

-𝐋.