Part 6

"Right... and do either of you know how in love you are with each other?"

"How.... okay okay okay..." I said. I quickly drug her farther away from everyone else.

"Okay, you got me. Yes, I'm in love with him. Have been since forever. But him in love with me? You should go check if you've gone crazy." I stated.

"Oh come on. No one can be this oblivious. How could you possibly miss it? I couldn't help but notice you both in the tree last night, what was that about??" She asked me exasperated.

"Miss what? Daryl acts the same way around me he always has! As for in my tree that was a private conversation that does not concern you!" I was irritated now.

"Yeah! But that just proves it. Did you hear what he was saying about Amy?? He doesn't care what he says to us. But you... you're a different story." As she finished I walked away. I can't deal with this right now. There are more important things to address.

I walked over to where Daryl and Morales were putting one of our members.

"You reap what you sow." Daryl said bitterly.

"You know what? Shut up man."

"Y'all left my brother for dead. You had this coming." 

"Alright," I started stepping closer to them. "Daryl I need to talk to you."

Daryl looked at me confused by my tone. I pulled him out of earshot from everyone else.

"What?" He asked.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Blame them for leaving Merle? I was there too shouldn't you blame me too?"

"Nah tha-"

"That's what? Different? How is it different? Why are you so cold towards these people Daryl? Why do-"

A commotion nearby drew us back to the camp.

"This is not over," I said looking at him.

"A walker got him! A walker bit Jim." Jacqui said frantically. At those words, practically everyone gathered around him.

"Show it to us. Show it to us." Daryl exclaimed.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." Jim said even though he clearly was not.

"Easy Jim." Shane spoke.

"Grab him." Daryl said. Jim picked up the shovel defensively when Daryl said that.

"Jim. Put it down, put it down." I said after finding my voice.

T-dog caught Jim and Daryl lifted his shirt to show a deep bite-mark.

Later the guys, Lori and I were talking about Jim's situation.

"I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl practically spat.

"Really?" I asked giving him a pointed look. He just looked away from me.

"Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane asked Daryl.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it."

"I hate to say it... I never thought I would... but maybe Daryl's right." Dale responded.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog. He's sick. A sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?" Rick tried to reason.