Part 7

TW

#bu$e, R#pe

An hour later Shane Rick and Daryl were transporting the bodies to bury them. I stayed behind wanting to talk to Carol and not wanting to be around Shane.

"Hey.." I said softly walking up to Carol's tent.

"Hi."

"Do you want to talk about it..?" I asked after a moment.

She shook her head no. "Do you..?" She asked me.

I hadn't thought about it. I never told anyone. Not even Daryl. It was after he left. So I couldn't. I didn't even know where he was. After a minute I agreed, "Yeah but it's a long story."

"I have a lot of time."

"Daryl had just gone off with Merle.. Somewhere I'm not sure where. I had just gotten away from my parents. They were the same as the person that gave me the scar though. Two years after Daryl left.. I started dating this guy," I paused holding back tears, and continued having found my words. "His name was Ethan. As you might've figured he wasn't good. I uh, got the scar when he broke a beer bottle and drug it across my side... All because I wasn't 'in the mood.' Didn't matter that I wasn't in the mood, or that I was about to pass out from blood loss. He still wanted to do it. So he did. After I had to go the ER, obviously lying about what happened." I paused. She stayed silent listening to me. But I could see the hatred in her eyes. "When everything started. He got bit. I had to put him down. That was at the very beginning. That's how I learned you always go for the brain..." I trailed off having said all I wanted to.

"He was a dick. You did the right thing. So did I. That's the only way we would've gotten away." Carol replied after a moment.

After a few minutes of silence, I broke it, "Please don-"

She cut me off, "I won't tell Daryl. I promise." I smiled gratefully at her and walked out of her tent.

After the funerals, we all arrived back at camp. I climbed up my tree and sat there. Daryl was up after a few minutes. "Y/n?"

"Yeah."

"When Carol was, dealing with ed... what did you say and why did you lift up your shirt...?"

Shit shit shit shit..... shit!

"Uh, you saw that?" I said wide-eyed.

"Yea, why are you being weird?" He asked concern evident in his voice.

I silently sat straight up and lifted up my shirt. I saw Daryl's eyes practically pop out of his head. "Who...." He whispered.

"His name was Ethan."

"You never told me.." I could tell it hurt him.

I grabbed his hand. "No no no no. This was after. After you left..."

"how did he..."

I proceeded to tell him everything I told Carol. I didn't leave anything out. But I let the tears free. I didn't have to hide it from him.

"I'll kill him."

"I already did."

He looked at me a ghost of a smile this lips. "That's my girl." He whispered.

I smiled at those words again. my girl. 

"Yeah..." I whispered back.