Chapter 9

"No fucking way" He laughed leaning back in his chair.

"I swear it happened" I explained and honestly I wished that this whole thing was some crazy story i made up in my head but no it wasn't, I actually threw a plate at my boss. The only good thing that came from this embarrassing story was Vinnie laughing and getting a little bit more comfortable.

"You're probably one of the most interesting people i've ever met" He told me and of course I didn't believe that statement. I'm not trying to say i'm the most boring person on the planet i'm pretty sure that title belongs to one of those talk show hosts who laugh at every little thing a celebrity says but i'm definitely not interesting.

"I'm flattered but that's definitely not true" I responded blushing a little feeling even more embarrassed than I already was.

"There's a weird incredible thing about people who think they're ordinary" He said back and then I took a moment to think about those words. What's so interesting about somebody who's completely and utterly ordinary?

"Could you elaborate on that" I asked curious to what he'd say.

He took a sigh and opened his mouth to start speaking, "People who think they're ordinary have a charm that celebrities don't have, see famous people tell you all about the people they've met and the great parties they've been to thinking that everybody's so interested. Ordinary people have story's famous don't have." He explained while the waiter came up to us.

"I kinda actually get that" I smiled and I actually felt really interested in what else he had to say.

"Can I get y'all started on some drinks" The waiter asked and I then started to actually look at the menu.

"Just a Coke for me" Vinnie ordered while I scanned the drinks section on the menu.

"I'll get a water please" I finally responded.

"Do you want some lemon with that" The waiter questioned and I knew for sure that I didn't want any of that.

"No I don't thank-" Vinnie cut me off right before I could finish my answer.

"You can get a soda or something, we're not on a budget or anything" He said and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I know that and I picked a water because I wanted a water" I snapped and the smile I had on my face fell quickly turning into a glare.

"You're not like trying to lose weight or something right" Vinnie asked and my jaw instantly dropped in shock. Please God tell me this is some nightmare and he didn't actually ask that.

"Dude If I were you I'd take a minute and think about what I just asked" The waiter uttered out joining the conversation.

"I literally just asked a question" Vinnie sassed back, he really is oblivious isn't he?

"About my fucking weight" I fumed starting to get more angry.

"I didn't call you fat or anything, why are are you overreacting" Vinnie asked and after he said that I'd decided that I had enough. I got up and stormed off to the bathroom. All of a sudden I felt like a ten year old running away because her mom wouldn't buy her a Barbie doll or something.

Once I got to the bathroom I looked in the mirror and wondered why I was even here with Vinnie. Did I enjoy his company? Did I find him funny? What about him did I even like?

"Can we talk, Indira" Vinnie said knocking on the bathroom door.

"I'm busy" I responded not really wanting to talk to Vinnie at all.

"Fuck it" I heard Vinnie say to himself opening the bathroom door and then barging in.

"Not my first time barging into the girl's bathroom but I mean we're not going to have sex right now right, because last time I was here I totally had sex with this Tall Redhead" Vinnie explained and I was so shocked that I couldn't even speak.

"You haven't lost the ability to speak right" Vinnie questioned me and I scoffed obviously irritated.

"I agreed to this date because I felt bad for you and this is how I get treated" I retorted glaring at him ruefully. I then started walking up to the door that led back to the restaurant. Maybe I was being irrational and dumb but being here with him made me want to scream. Going back to my dorm seemed like the right decision.

"Wrong" I heard Vinnie mumble angrily.

"How is what I said wrong" I yelled out raising my voice.

"Let's not get things twisted, You agreed to this date because you wanted information" Vinnie hissed back and I felt frozen, stuck to the floor like somebody put glue on the floor and I now couldn't move my feet.

Vinnie didn't say anything back instead he just walked slowly in my direction until he was right next to me.

"Do you have anymore witty reply's to throw at me or are you just going to stand here and continue to not say anything" Vinnie whispered in my ear and I felt chills go down my spine.

I had to hurry up and say something already, "There's only one thing I want you to do right now" I replied back quietly. There was no way he was going to somehow be able guess what I wanted him to do perfectly.

Shocked, utterly shocked to my fucking bone. Vinnie Hacker kissed me and what's worse is I didn't hate it. In fact I wanted him to kiss me more, I wanted him to kiss me everywhere.

"Want me to kiss you again, Indira" He asked me and I couldn't say anything back, I just couldn't.

"Let's continue our date, princess" Vinnie said taking a hold of my hand and leading me back to the table.

"No" I finally spoke up and Vinnie then turned back around to meet my eyes.

"Excuse me" He spat his demeanor changing very quickly.

"Listen I don't know what exactly we're even doing but it's toxic and unhealthy. If we continue to go down this path then we'll both end up hurt" I tried to say exactly what I was thinking no matter how Vinnie would react.

"What could make it more healthy" Vinnie questioned and he was actually acting calmer than I expected.

"Nothing" I snapped back simply feeling done with this whole conversation.

"This isn't fair to me" Vinnie screamed, full of anger. With that statement many heads turned towards us. I knew right then that we needed to leave, If we were going to argue and yell at each other then we'd do it outside. I quickly grabbed Vinnie's hand and rushed out of the restaurant. Once we were far enough from the restaurant I began to scream to.

"You want to talk about fairness? None of this has been fair to me" I yelled out feeling completely outraged that he would even think to somehow spin this night in a way that would make me the villain.

"I took you out to a nice dinner" He hollered back clearly frustrated and I literally couldn't believe how blind one person could be to the events that happened in their presence.

"You want to know what I want" I cried out on the verge of storming off.

"What the fuck do you want" He asked and I knew exactly what I was going to say back.

"Control" I finally said and I felt happy knowing i was finally fucking open with how I felt.

People say you need honesty in a relationship and that it's the glue that holds one together. To most people that would mean always telling your partner the truth and being totally open with them. Truthfully I hadn't been one hundred percent open with Vinnie. I wasn't sharing my thoughts on what I would want if we ever became well anything.

I needed to be honest with him about everything because that would be the only way we could be anything.

****
Very much in love with Jesse Eisenberg right now and i feel really good about that (: