Chapter 1

"Мама! I'll be fine." I tell my mother as I grab my backpack and head to the front door.

She doesn't seem convinced, "Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off on my way to HQ?" Ah yes, Shield HQ. The place where both my parents go to almost die everyday. Sure, Мама goes on less solo missions since James and Sarah were born but she still goes on missions, and she still gets kidnapped every other week.

I sigh loudly and turn around to look at her, "Я буду в порядке, мама. Питер приближается, чтобы забрать меня по пути к башне." (I'll be fine, mom. Peter's swinging by to pick me up on his way to the tower) Мама bites her lip and finally nods, I kiss her cheek and run out the door after ruffling seven year old Jamie's hair and giving my four year old sister, Sarah, a high five.

"Папа will pick you up after school!" Мама yells as I run out the door, I wave my hand so she knows I heard as the door slams behind me.

Peter pulls up to the curb and I hop in, "Hey, Peter." Pete graduated from MIT 4 years ago and has been working at the tower as an executive director of the labs and head intern ever since. He's barely ever at his apartment so he almost always only has a rotten apple and a hunk of cheese in his fridge, also his car is a piece of crap that almost gives out whenever you try to turn on the engine. He refuses to take any money from Uncle Tony or anyone ever.

"Hey, Lydie." He pulls away from the curb and drives towards the school. We make small talk the whole ride before he drops me off at the front of Midtown and heads towards Stark Tower.

A couple freshman recognize Peter as Spider-man, as his identity was revealed a few years ago, and me as my parents daughter. I walk right by them, they'll get used to seeing me around at some point. After all, it's still only September.

I walk up the front steps of the school as my best friend, Jazlynn, ends up at my side. We walk side by side to our lockers while talking about Mr Arthro's physics quiz first period. "Jazz, physics is your best subject, you'll be fine." I assure her as I gab my notebook out of my locker.

She scoffs before she answers, "Says the genius with access to all of Tony Stark's technology." I roll my eyes and slam my locker close, the first bell rings and we head to class.

The queen bee of the school, the tall, blond cheerleader with the perfect body, and the worst personality in the world, Ashely Goodwin, purposely knocks into my shoulder shoving me into the lockers as her dumb, tall, rich, blond, football playing boyfriend Jackson Marley smirks with his hand on Ashley's ass. Gross.

"Ignore them," Jazz says while she wraps an arm around my shoulders and lets her hand dangle, "We both know you could take both of them with your eyes closed."

I smirk and brush some hair out of my face. "Правда," (True) Jazlynn rolls her eyes at me as we step into the classroom.

"You really have to stop speaking Russian at random points in conversations, no one understands you." We take our seats at the long table in the middle of the classroom and lean our bags against our chairs.

"Ivan does," I point out as I pop a piece of gum into my mouth.

"That's because they're an exchange student from Russia." Jazzy points out, I smirk and chuckle lightly as Mr Artho walks into the room.

"Good morning, class." When no one responds and continues looking at their phones or chatting with each other he glares at us before quickly moving on. "We'll do attendance quickly and then we'll get on with the quiz." There's a bunch of groans from around the room, I rest my chin in my hand as I wait for the papers to be passed out.