Ep. 1 Pt. 1

SEPTEMBER 1988 | SSANGMUN, DOBONG, SEOUL

In the room of Choi Taek, all the six childhood friends had gathered to watch a movie together. Well, five of then were anyways. The sixth one was sound asleep with her head on Sung Sun-Woo's lap. Her mouth slightly agape with soft snores escaping.

The room was deadly silent except for the sound of the movie coming from the TV when all of a sudden, a loud pop was heard along with a handful of chips scattered around them. A loud gasp followed coming from the previously sleeping girl.

     "Yah, be quiet. You woke up Chae-Won," Sun-Woo said slapping the back of Dong-Ryong's head.

     Sun-Woo looked back to Chae-Won who had sat up and was now staring at the wall in front of them blankly. He was worried that she was having hallucinations. "Wonnie?" he asked softly softly stroking her head.

     "Huh?" She mumbled still lost in her own head.

    "Are you okay?"

     "Uhuh. How long was I out?" She asked rubbing her eyes and trying to fix her bedhead.

     "Uh, about 20 minutes," he answered after looking at the clock.

     The girl looked around the room as if it was the first time she was there. It was a normal occurrence for her to do so. She's always found with her head stuck in the clouds. She looked down to the floor where she found a stray chip. She smiled bright picking it up. As she was about to place it in her mouth, the chip was slapped out of her hand by Dong-Ryong.

     "Yah! Don't slap Wonie!" Deok-Sun yelled seeing the youngest among them pouting and rubbing the sore spot on her hand.

     "Aish!" Sun-Woo exclaimed taking the bag of chips from his friend and giving it to the girl beside him who happily ate it.

     "Mmm! This tastes good," Chae-Won smiled happily now that she was fully awake and gave a little happy dance. She completely ignored the screaming match happening beside her in which her brother was at the center of. It was completely normal for her already.

"Chae-Won ah, we're leaving now," Dong-Ryong said being the last to leave the room. She turned around to see her brother standing in front of the door with steamed cake. She jumped up and waddled cutely up to her brother.

"Oppa, can I have one?" She asked rubbing her hands together. She only called him oppa when she wants something from him. Same goes to the other.

"But we'll be having dinner soon," Taek replied smiling softly and patting his twin sister's head. Chae-Won. She had a tiny appetite for meals as it is, he wanted to make sure she ate as much as she could. His sister pouted but nodded her head nonetheless. But her eyes widened as she suddenly remembered something.

She ran past the door where her father was about to call the for dinner and ran for the oven where her cookies had been baking. She rushed to take it out and sighed in relief when it came out perfectly. She gave a small victory dance before packing them equally into five containers.

"Appa, I'm going to give these out first," she announced wearing her slippers.

"Okay," her father replied.

She went out of her house and was met with the others who were grumbling about having to deliver food. She chuckled to herself and hopped towards them.

"Yah, are those cookies?" Dong-Ryong said with big eyes eyeing the clear container with cookies. Everyone loved her cookies which was why she baked them often.