𝟬𝟬𝟯 ━━ uki vs. the patriarchy

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  MIRACULUM ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ UKI VS. THE PATRIARCY ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE ── destiny's call  🌊 ⁺⑅

 THE PATRIARCY ❫ ❞▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── destiny's call  🌊 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER  ⋆ 🌪.
♯ ❝ YOU'RE A HATEFUL LITTLE MAN !
CHAPTER THREE ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ 112 a.a ─── book one: water
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

⠀. *   ✦ .  ⁺  ✦ .⁺  ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .
✦ .     ⁺ ⁺ ✦

UKI HAD EXPECTED THAT FOR A GROUP TRAVELING WITH THE AVATAR, STEALTH WAS OF THE UPMOST IMPORTANCE—SADLY IT HADN'T MEANT THEY WERE ANY GOOD AT IT. FOR WHEN THE SUN ROSE THE next morning, it seemed Katara had taken her advice to heart. Aang had been trying to teach the girl waterbending moves he had been taught by Master Pakku. Only they didn't try to sneak around like Uki did. No they all but paraded their activities in the middle of the city without a thought of secrecy. Uki would have laughed if she hadn't understood the ache that Katara felt to learn and master her abilities, and what it now would mean for Aang to lose his waterbending master.

Word had travelled quickly through their community as by the time she emerged from her room her parents stood tensely, talking quietly in the living room. Upon her arrival they had casted a wary glance at her. And Uki knew.

Uki sighed as her mother, Meriwa placed a cup of tea in front of her. The girl wrapped her fingers around it, letting the warmth battle away the morning chill. With tired blue eyes, she watched the steam billow upwards.

"I am expected at the palace." Tulok's tone was heavy and strong. Something that had always soothed Uki as he told her about her tribe and their tales. Comforted her when she was scared.

Now it felt different. Because not long ago she had been where Katara stood. The way her father had reprimanded her, the disappointment and belittlement in the lilt of his voice. Punished for wishing to be more than a healer—to protect her home. For pursuing to master her gift. She had been so angry.

She is still so angry.

Uki can't help the scoff that tore itself from her throat, the water in her cup shaking.

"Uki." Her mother's warning tone makes her tighten her grip and tense her jaw.

With angry tears lining in her eyes she faced her parents before focusing completely on her father.

Tulok's eyes harden as she spoke. "I don't understand father. Why..." She hated the brittle sound of her own voice. "Bending is a part of her ━ of me."