Chapter 25: Going to Sicemon

18 BBY

.oOo.

"Do you have everything packed?" Aayla stood in Bly's quarters, stuffing her few possessions in her satchel.

"I'm all good. None of us have much to bring. Are you all packed?" Bly, checking his dresser for the last time, answered.

"And Reno and Sid are waiting at the rendezvous point?"

"You know, cyar'ika, now that we aren't actively fighting a war, you can call it a landing pad."

Aayla chucked. "I guess your right. Okay." She inhaled deeply. "I'll meet you there in a few hours."

"Are you sure about this? Do you really want to leave?"

"More sure than I've ever been about anything else."

"Nervous?"

"Definitely."

"I don't know if it helps, but from what I've gathered, you're not the only one leaving."

"Who else?"

"Rex said that General Skywalker was leaving to go to Naboo. And that Master Kenobi was leaving temporarily to meet some kid on Mandalore."

"Good to know I'm not the only one."

.oOo.

Aayla entered the grand Jedi Council chambers, golden sunlight flooded the grey room.

"Masters." She bowed, showing her respect.

"Speak with us, you wanted to?"

"Yes, Master Yoda. I have come to a decision that has been rather hard to make."

"Then please enlighten us."

"Of course, Master Windu. I have..." she took a deep, anxious breath. "Decided that it is right for me to... leave the Jedi Order."

The room fell silent.

"Share the reason, will you?"

"I have... found a new calling, Masters."

"See, I do."

The room once again fell silent, until Master Ti stood up.

Shaak Ti stood close to Aayla. "While the council does not know your true reason for leaving," she winked discreetly, which Aayla almost laughed at. "We understand and accept your decision. You have not been the first to leave, and you will not be the last. The Order will miss you greatly. May the Force be with you, my old friend."

"Thank you, Master Ti."

Shaak Ti bowed and returned to her chair.

"Agree with Master Ti, the council does."

"You are allowed to leave the order. May the Force be with you."

"Thank you. May the Force be with you." Aayla bowed and left the room.

.oOo.

The small landing pad was almost empty, since Sicemon didn't get many visitors.

"I almost thought we were going to leave without you." Reno, finishing off his mantel mix said to Aayla, who came running onto the platform.

"Sorry, but you have bad luck today."

"You made it just in time, General."

"Great, let's go."

Reno, Sid, Bly, and Aayla all walked on the small transport to Sicemon. They quickly took a table with two cushioned benches near the back of the ship and put their small bags on the luggage racks above them.