pages

Out of Love by Alessia Cara &
Happier - Acoustic by Ed Sheeran

Not being able to sleep, he returned to the box. He took out the pink envelope and looked at the alien letter.

Kook-ah,

It's Jiah-yah... I'm sorry Kook-ah. I didn't know she was your sister. Even if it wasn't your sister, I'm still really sorry for what I did. I was a reckless 6 year old okay? My mom had warned me several times about crossing the street without looking, but I still didn't care. I didn't mean for eonnie to be in a coma, I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. If I knew she was your sister I would've kept my distance from you. I wouldn't have wanted to hurt you Kook-ah. But that's not the case.

I know I'm just too selfish for saying this but I just want everything to go back to the way it used to be. Where we'd get frostbite together and chill under my fireplace, or when you would win everything in the claw machine.

Please Kook-ah, I'm sorry.

Jiah

He was in denial after reading that letter. He didn't want to fall into her hands again. She was his everything, then she took everything he ever wanted away from him.

The room fell silent, as Jungkook reread the letter. About three years ago, both Jungkook and Jiah found out something serious. When Jiah was 6, she got in a car accident, where a 15 year old had saved her from a moving truck. Her mother had compensated the family and had apologized a lot of times. They were forgiven, and never met the family again. Or they suppose.

Two years after the accident, the Jeon's got new neighbors, the Kim's. They had a kid around Jungkook's age and went to the same school. Ever since his sister's accident, Jungkook had distanced himself from the other kids, making it hard for him to be likable. But it seemed his new neighbor found an interest in him and followed him everywhere until he agreed to be friends with her. After Jungkook realized that it wasn't bad to open his heart to people, he allowed her to stick around. They did everything together, and were inseparable.

But one faithful day, the girl's mom sat her down and told her the truth. Jiah, Jungkook's neighbor and bestfriend, was the cause of his sister's accident. She felt shocked and was in denial. She could no longer look Jungkook in the eyes after finding out she was the reason for all his misery.

Her mom knew who the Jeon's were right when they moved, but didn't say anything because Jiah had already befriended Jeongguk. The Jeon's also knew who their neighbor was. But both families thought it was best to just forget the past and live in the present. The Jeon's were never one to hold grudges and did what was best for their son. Hence the reason they happily accepted Jiah when they saw Jungkook was no longer depressed.

He placed the letter down and looked at the last item.

A jewelry box.

A slight whimper escaped him when he saw the pendant. He held it to eye level, looking closely at it. He had walked past a pawn shop one day and saw a necklace that reminded him of her. It was almost as if her essence and her dark hazel eyes were mixed into that one piece of jewelry. He had been staring at it for so long he had to get it.

So he worked a summer job to buy it. He was going to give it to Jiah when he confessed. On the day he finally manned up was the day she cried in his arms, the day he found out who his sister had sacrificed her life for. He was heartbroken when he found out the reason for her constant apologies. Turns out, she herself didn't know about it, but he was still human, and was allowed to be mad and stubborn.

Jungkook tried to forgive her, and look at her the same way he used to but he couldn't. His heart was convincing him to forgive her, but his brain was too stubborn to see her as the same sweet Jiah he used to love. Afterall, she was a basic murderer to him.

When they finally met up, they couldn't look at each other the same anymore. Jiah looked at her best friend with pity and guilt, whereas Jungkook looked at Jiah with anger and hatred.

They both couldn't handle it anymore. They snapped. The bond between them was no longer there.

A few months later, Jungkook moved to Seoul. Jiah tried to get in contact with him on several accounts, but he ignored her. He couldn't face her. Someone so close to him, someone he loved, had betrayed him and hurt him so badly.

But as he stared at the pendant, all the feelings he once had couldn't help but rush back. He had found his reason. A reason that told him he overreacted. A reason to not hate her anymore, because he couldn't live without her. He felt the need to be next to her, to be her everything.

So he decided that he was going to see her. He would clear it up with her, for the sake of his heart.

The last box held something just as important as that pendant. In fact, it may hold a bit more value to the lonely man. But this last object, ladies and gentlemen, will be kept a secret until the very moment when Jeon Jungkook will need it.