me

There for you by Kim Na Young &
If You Could See Me Cryin' in My Room
By Arash Buana and Raissa Anggiani

Both his heart and mind burst with curiosity as the bright pink box sat in front of him on the floor. The words "Memories with Kookie" were written in bold on top of the pink paper material. Anxiety began to build up as his hands inched closer and closer to the cover of the box.

He gasped as he saw all the nostalgia each item held.

Her shiny and well kept bestie ring sat on the top of the box. He examined it, laughing at it because it couldn't fit any of his fingers.

Polaroids of them at an amusement park

A periwinkle coloured scrunchie

Another periwinkle coloured scrunchie

Jungkook slouches as he went through the box full of periwinkle things. "Gosh how many periwinkle scrunchies did this girl need?"

A rubber duck

Prismacolors?

"Does she know how expensive these are? Why would you not open them dummy? They cost a fortune!" His hands didn't want to separate from the luxurious art supply, but he gave them up and continued digging.

Jiah's bright shiny red shoes that she wore on her first day of kindergarten

A slap bracelet with their initials on it

What caught his eye was a letter in a bright pink envelope addressed to no other than Jeon Jungkook.

He stared at the envelope. A flicker off hope struck him.

What was so hopeful about a brightly colored envelope?

He opened it eagerly.

So you found out huh? That I'm ice skating with mountain goats without you~

Jungkook bursted out in laughter reading the first line.

And I guess you also found out I died...

[ 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝, 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 ]

Jungkook lets out a painful laugh while his vision began to blur from a salty layer of tears. His left hand dabbles the liquid before continuing to read.

Well don't worry about me, I'm fine~

His face turned blank. Even though they were not talking to each other, even though he couldn't see her, he knew she was lying.

I donated money to charity, resigned my job, and traveled the world. I fortunately got to do most of the things I've been wanting to do. The only thing that I haven't checked off from my list was to see you for one last time. There was only a small glimmer of hope that you'd open your arms to me, that you'd forgive me. But I guess I was too foolish to think so. I wished I had just seen you one last time, I wished I had just listened to my mom that time. Maybe you'd still be with me, maybe we'd still be friends. I still wish to be beside you, Jungkook-ah.

"Jiah-yah, it wasn't your fault, it was an honest mistake."

Let me guess, It wasn't my fault, it was a mistake. That's what you said right? Because you forgave my stupid actions?

His mouth gaped open as he read the last few words. "How did she know?"

You idiot. Why would you forgive me? I literally did the worst thing any human on Earth can do. Do it. Scream. Be mad. Idc just don't forgive me. You shouldn't forgive me, not like this; not when I can't wipe the tears off your pretty face. Not when I can't yell at you for being too selfless, not when I can't cry in your arms because of our beautiful reunion. I won't accept it. I won't accept your forgiveness Jeon Jungkook, so resent me for the rest of your life okay?