Chapter 14: Rhodes Island part 4

A/N: Sorry to everyone for my lack of activity, but I've been very busy lately doing some work with my dad...

Sebastian: Cardigan pay more attention to your sides! Steward you are too careful, Melantha is covering your back so concentrate on giving your comrades support! Adnachiel, I could hit every part of your body while you're supposed to be behind cover!

As the operators fought in the morning drills, Sebastian watched the whole scene from the observation platform, Amiya supporting him in his work, the young cautus visibly surprised by the doctor who for once was much more authoritative than his usual calm and pleasant self. The reserve teams were fighting hard against each other, all the teams receiving various advices from the emerald-eyed giant to improve their efficiency of their fighting abilities, like a oiled machinery that the doctor was observing with attention. His eyes once again roamed the improvised battlefield to notice a certain lack of support at from height in the A1 team. Reaching out, he realized what was going on just as soon as he heard a familiar heartbeat that signaled someone asleep, hiding in a sniper's nest. As a vein appeared on his forehead reminiscent of a certain grumpy lynx or bossy perro, Sebastian grabbed a pebble at his foot that had been thrown up to the observation platform due to the various damages caused by the operators. He took it firmly in his hand and threw it to the other end of the training area causing the young cautus to raise an eyebrow in surprise. If one listened carefully enough one could hear the stone fall and a slight cry of surprise.

Sebastian: And you Kroos stop sleeping in the middle of a battle for god's sake!!!

Soon arrows started to fly supporting the A1 team and making the giant sigh. Amiya next to him had a drop of sweat beading along her forehead at the sudden severity of the doctor.

Amiya: Hey dokutah, are you sure you're not being a bit too strict today...?

Sebastian: *sigh* I know Amiya... It's just that I'm afraid they won't make it on the battlefield if I'm not strict enough with their training.

Amiya: That's something you share with Dobermann...

As soon as the young cautus had finished her sentence, an arrow was shot towards Melantha who parried it with her sword, surprising all the witnesses of the scene with a feat accessible to few swordsmen, but the arrow continued to fly to the observation platform and more particularly to Amiya's head. Hardened by combat the cautus was about to dodge the training arrow, but so quickly that it seemed invisible, the arrow broke into several pieces and fell to the ground. The leader of Rhodes Island looked at the giant next to her to see him put his right hand back behind his back and that's how she understood that Sebastian had just sliced the arrow with the side of his hand as if it was a blade made of the sharpest steel.

Amiya: If you are there with them on the field I think they won't have much to fear... Most of the time you are the most dangerous thing on the battlefield...