The catch

Loki's POV

A week has passed since my visit to Jotunheim. Allie is weak but she has been restored to her old self again. She has been walking around the palace with mother; being herself. Almost everything is back to normal. Right now i am lying in my bed with my beautiful Allie next to me with our child on the way and life could not get any better.

I roll over to face Allie when i feel a warm substance inch its way towards me from her side of the bed. I get up quickly before it reaches me. What in the nine realms is going on? Allie is still asleep. I rip back the covers.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Stained into the ghostly white sheets. Soaked through Allie's pajama pants. I start breathing heavily. Oh gods.

'she's lost the baby'

No.

'miscarriage i suspect.'

Shut up.

'what are you doing just standing here?'

You're right. I sweep Allie up bridal style and throw open the door. I begin running to Eir. She wont be awake since it is all hours of the morning. Warm blood is soaking its way through my shirt and staining my pale arms.

"Whats happening?" Allie asks me groggily. I glance down at her.

"Allie, love, i need you to keep your eyes open." I say frantically, but trying to keep her calm. She looks down towards her pants.

"Is that...blood?" Her eyes start to close again. I lightly tap her cheek.

"No no no no. You need to stay awake. Love, keep talking to me. About anything." I say to her. I need to keep her awake. She clears her throat. Her weight from her huge bump is beginning to gain on my arms, slowing me down. I begin to speed up in the hallway to Eir's room.

"Im..tired." She says slowly. I look down to see she's closing her eyes again. I knock on Eir's chamber door. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on.

"No you arent, love. Keep talking--EIR!" I call out to her. She answers the door in her night gown and seeing the blood, widens her eyes in shock and ushers me inside.

"What happened? Darling, are you experiencing pain?" She asks us both. Allie shakes her head. My eyes well up. I can feel my skin beginning to get colder.

"I woke up and...blood. On the sheets. Is she okay? Please.." I manage to get out. Eir pushes me outside. I want to be in there with her.

"I will send for you." She simply says. Then shuts the door. I stand stunned, not knowing what to do. I need answers--Laufey.

I storm my way to the bifrost and leave for Jotunheim.

"LAUFEY!" I yell out in the palace of ice. I know he's here. We had a deal and he broke it. I want answers. And i want them right. Fucking. Now.

"To what do i owe the pleasure, my son?" I hear a cold chilling voice behind me. I turn and face him.

"What have you done to her?" I spit at him. He chuckles darkly.

"TELL ME." I scream at him.

"You told me not to lay a finger on either of them, and i didnt. I worked from a realm away." I breathe heavily. Partially in outrage, partially in panic.

"FIX HER. TAKE IT BACK." I scream at him in desperation. My eyes brim with tears. He chuckles.

"Just a bit of fun, really. Just a small reminder of the things i can do if you do not come through with our deal. Maybe you should go check on your little princess." I stare at him in disbelief.