The Appas

'I'm Hungry'

Thought a Raven-haired man as his stomach begins to growl. He walked along the busy Lugunica streets catching the attention of many civilians. His hair color was foreign to the country, but his attire was even more so. The man was wearing a foreign uniform (tracksuit) as a makeshift cape, a sleeve as a makeshift bandana and torn pants made from expensive looking fabrics. But what truly caught their attention was the contrast between the expensive looking materials and the obvious social ranking of the man. Yet they try with all their might to avoid eye contact with the man, as his eyes seemed to be quite sharp for a slum dweller.

'Too many people in that shop, too little food in that one...hmmm. Found it.' Subaru searched the marketplace to find a perfect target. Only to focus on a small food stall owned by a muscular green-haired man. 'I see a sack of apples behind the shop, a few silver coins by the counter and he appears to be too muscular to be quick on his feet. A perfect snatch for me hehe.' Subaru thought as he slowly neared the shop in question. The man and a few civilians in turn, focused their gaze at the nearing suspicious boy. They know the boy is up to something, they just don't know what it is. Would he murder someone with the daggers sheathed in his belt? Would he steal from someone? These questions alone caused everyone in the vicinity to raise their guard in case something really did happen.

"Hello sir, how much are those apples?" The Raven-haired man asked as his face slowly wore a grin. He knew full well what they're called, but he needed to buy just a few more seconds for the plan to commence. And with the second he bought he knelt down and grabbed a handful of sand. "What are apples? Do you mean these appas? They cost 2 copper coins." Answered the shop owner with hints of caution in his voice. "2 copper coins huh, let me just get my...pouch" As the boy said the last word, he threw sand in the shop owner's eye temporarily blinding him for a split second. But by that time the boy has already stolen the sack of apples and a few silver coins from behind the counter and has already started running as fast as he can away from the shop. His body was imbued with mana thus he ran faster than a normal man could. Yet a normal man wasn't chasing him, but instead a nearby patrolling knight.

"Hey you there stop" said a patrolling knight as he quickly gave chase to the speeding boy with a sword in hand. The knight, being trained to physically enhance their bodies with mana, actually came close to catching him. "Shit, a knight. I guess I need your help guys." The boy said as he began pulling the strings of his contracts. Different colored lights then appeared out of thin air. A single black light and white light appeared out of thin air to help the fleeing boy.

"Your way too energetic, shi" Spoke the black colored light as he casted shamak to disrupt and blind the chasing knight. From the spirit came a cloud of smoke that easily engulfed the knight, making him lose the ability to know where he currently is.

"As expected of dear contractor, ne" Spoke the white colored light as she casted augeo to her contractor. Augeo is a yang magic that enhances the physical properties of the thing or person they casted it on, thus giving the Raven-haired man enough strength to jump to the roofs of the buildings in the capital effectively escaping from the authorities. After a few minutes running on top of the building, Subaru lost the knight from his trail thus securing the success of his steal.

"Wooh that sure tired me out. Thanks Shi, and Ne."