1

"why does she look nothin like us, and even nothing like her sister?" Largetha handed the baby she had just birthed a few days ago to the seer.

"Hmm. The gods allow me to tell you this. You. Will have a son, when he receives his arm band, you will bring the child to me I shall tech the girt the ways of our gods," he took in a raspy and unsettling breath."once every week she will come to me. When she is ready she will learn of what she is and what she can do."

"What is she?"

"A goddess. In the womb Freyja saw what she will become and chose her, to be her daughter, she will have the abilities of gods. She is the goddess chosen to reside among us, she is the goddess of pain, war, and fertility like her mother. This is all I can say."

The two felt blessed by the gods. That they were chosen to raise a goddess.

As the years went they raised her well. Raised her to be strong. Largetha taught her to fight and she learned how to heal people from others in the village. Such as cauterizing wounds and making medicines.

All who were helped by her with ailments had less pain then the others. Everyone in the village assumed she was blessed by the gods.

Now it was time for Bjorn to receive his arm band. He was finally twelve years old. Gyda and Frey at thirteen. They all rode their horses to the main village where the Earl resided. Before going to receive his arm band though, they stopped at the seers hut.

"Ahh little Frey. You may leave us now." He dismissed the others and she looked at him confused.

"You are confused. I shall explain child." His raspy death like voice rangout in her ears.

"You are to learn from me. About the gods, about your heritage. You are not like the others."
"What do you mean?"
"You are a goddess Frey. Freyja saw your parents strength and blessed them with you. Allowing them to raise you instead of herself. You are her child. Yes Largetha birthed you, however your true mother resides in valhalla at the table if the gods."
"Wh-what does that make me?"
"You are a goddess. Of pain, war, and like your mother, fertility."

It was a lot for her to wrap her thirteen year old brain around but she knew it was true. She always somehow eased people's pain or made those who hurt her have more. She was even more skilled in battle than her own mother. Explaining the war. She had also always loved children and her prayers for someone in the village to be blessed with a child who had been barren were gifted.

She had a child and her prayers apparently were just her actions the whole time. She was a goddess.

"What does this mean?"
"You will learn about the gods and their ways every week on Thorsday. I will teach you to speak to them, and to use your power as the gods instruct me to do so."

Later on that night her father came to get her after being taught many things about her mother to start off. So that she was able to have a basis of what she could do.

She was a mix of the Æsir and Vanir. A truly powerful god. she was also told of the great conflict that would arrive around her family, she was not allowed to know specifics however. She would reside in Mudguard with her husband who would also be immortal but for a different reason. She was only told he was to be the next seer.

She got to look at Bjorn's arm band and was told of the journey her father wanted to go on, that was denyed by the Earl. However she knew that wouldn't stop her ambitious father. Nothing would.

Her father was ready to go on the raid alongside his brother once the boats were done. Frey had never met Floki before but knew he was a great craftsman by what her father spoke of him. He had built the boats. Rollo came over that night and Ragnar showed him the way he discovered to navigate. When Largetha instructed her children to rest the three of them went to their cots, and Frey had dreams show images of her mother.

"My child, my sweet Frey." The red haired woman caressed her child's cheek and sighed.
"You will do great things my child, you and the man who you are meant to find, the man who you will love, both of you shall stay on Midguard."
"Mother who is this man?"
"In time my dear. The man who raised you will not be happy with this arrangement. You will meet him and know, he will know, there will be no hesitation in your hearts that you are meant to be. My dear, you will not be able to be with this man right away."
"Mother, why am I not with you in Asgüard?"
"There will be a time not anytime near now, that you will meet the gods with your husband. You will travel between the realms and save Midguard. You will see death my child, bloodshed in your time. As the gods can not die but be born again, you will see even the most powerful of gods fall. Your own children will be gods. Your husband, is a god himself, though I cannot say who."
"Mother will you guide me as well as the seer trains me to use my abilities?"
"Only a little my child. Now you must...."

First person pov

"Wake up Frey!" I woke to Bjorn waking me and I sighed. My mother's words resonated in my mind. I got up and we are the stew Largetha made. It was odd for me to call her that. She was still the woman who raised me but she asked me to call her Largetha so that no one would confuse her with a goddess. She didn't think she was as high as the gods and that's one of the reasons .y mother chose her. Things are so complicated.